Author Topic: Online Play (board games ported)  (Read 6820 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Online Play (board games ported)
« on: February 15, 2012, 23:51:07 »
One of these days I'm going to have to update my version of Conquest of the Empire and get it added to the list that I found on BGG tonight. Apparently I at least need to make it easier for people to start a game, since being a member of this site and inviting other members to play doesn't seem to be open enough to garner any interest.

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/On-line_Games&redirectedfrom=Online_Play#

(Update: I've let go of the 6sided.com domain, so I've updated that link for Conquest of the Empire.)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:02:08 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
Re: Online Play (board games ported)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 13:24:15 »
Since playing Conquest Of The Empire has become an annual event at my house, I hope that I can rejuvenate the interest in playing Conquest Online, my online version of my favorite board game... I know that there are things that need to be fixed in this online version, things that have been neglected for years, but if there is enough interest in the game, I will find some time to fix up those issues.

By the way, I've noticed that in recent years, there has been an increase in sites that support various online "tabletop" gaming. Doing a quick Google search brings up several websites and apps that are available for playing some of the most popular board games, and I'm not referring to Monopoly and Sorry... I'm talking about the ones that are popular with experienced board game players and collectors. Unfortunately, my Conquest game isn't as fancy and flashy as some of those out there, but it's functional, and honestly, I've seen worse before. 
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 04:53:09 »
If you're interested in Looney Labs Pyramid Arcade, or just abstract games in general, you might be interested in checking out http://superdupergames.org/ ... I came across that site a few years ago and I enjoy getting on there to play one of my favorite Looney Pyramid games - Homeworlds. Actually, it's been nearly a year since I was last active on there, but I found the site again, so I got started with a couple games. Similar to my Conquest Online game here on Dragons Hobbies, the Super Duper Games site has asynchronous games, so you can join several games at one time if you want. That site is rather slow loading, and the interaction with the games is similar to playing an old-school text based game, but there is also some work being done to redesign that site, so who knows what will be up next for the Super Duper Games. 

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 16:49:10 »
I haven't ever completed that update that I had mentioned 8 years ago, but it is still something I'd like to do. I recently played Conquest Of The Empire with my son and his friend, so we started playing the Conquest Online game today. Maybe that will be the push to get this thing going again.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops