Linked Events

• New Home Game Day: May 20, 2012

Author Topic: Gaming Event/Housewarming?  (Read 16520 times)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Gaming Event/Housewarming?
« on: March 14, 2012, 05:03:54 »
Dragon,

First of all...miss you!!  It's been too long (again).

You and the family have moved closer and I know you need some time to settle in.  I, also, need to get through busy season.  I was hoping to coordinate a game day for mid-April.  Perhpaps Sunday April 15th? Perhaps starting at noon and going until about 8 or so?  

We could all come over, see the new place, bring some housewarming gifts and enjoy each others company and play a few games.

What do you think?  It's about a month away...so I am hoping it's enough notice to get something started...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 00:04:35 by Dragon »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Gaming Event/Housewarming?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 19:25:14 »
Hi. Beth had just mentioned today that she wanted to have a housewarming party on Anna-Larie's first birthday, which happens to be just a week before the date that you've mentioned. I'm not sure if Sunday April 8th would work out at all for you with the busy tax season, but if so, that would be great timing. In either case, it would be great to see you again and get back into some games, since I've barely had time for any recently.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 19:34:37 »
That date sounds good.  Please send out a reminder!!!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 23:56:40 »
Ok. So now we're shooting for Beth's birthday to have the house-warming party. Getting unpacked and organized has been a major chore, but I think we're just about ready now. Beth's finals are the most important thing to get passed now though.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 13:52:04 »
Ok...forgive me for not knowing...but what is that date? :)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 18:24:15 »
It's ok. Her birthday is May 8th ( it's on the calendar  ;) ), but that probably wouldn't be the day we'd be able to get together. I'm hoping that the Sunday following her birthday would work out. I haven't really talked with her about it yet, but that weekend is Mother's Day. I guess I'm sticking with the holidays.  :D

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 21:54:53 »
I'm interested in coming out to your new place, however, Mother's Day is a no go for me. My wife enjoys my company too much to give up a holiday geared towards her.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 23:50:23 »
Ok. Reasonable argument. I hadn't even brought that particular day up to my wife anyway.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 00:07:48 »
My wife said that May 6th seems to be too soon, so she'd like us all to plan for May 20th. I hope that sounds good to you guys. I've posted it on the calendar.

By the way, our phone numbers are still the same in case you need to call for directions or something.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 10:40:40 »
May 20th is on my calendar.  

Yay!!  ;D

If Caralee isn't working that night we will both be there.  If she is, then I will come solo!!

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 22:09:11 »
Sadly that is a bad day for me. My former boss is coming back to town from Panama, I've already made plans to go golfing with him and a friend that day.
However, don't let that stop you from getting your game on.
I'll try to make the next one.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 20:36:15 »
Ok. Sorry that it's not going to work out. Hopefully we'll be able to get together next month at least.

Oh... by the way, Beth says "it's not a house warming party." Ok. So I'll call it our New Home Game Day.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 10:28:04 »
NEW HOME GAME DAY!

Caralee is not headed back to work until the end of the month, so we should be able to game with you all day.  What time did you want arrivals?  I know that when we visited last week you had mentioned 9-9 (ish).  That should work fine for us...and in actuality, we would likely do something like 9am - 6pm ish or so...depending on how Caralee feels. 

She is still recovering after all and although I am a die-hard gamer, I do need to be considerate to her needs :)

Looking very forward to it!!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 01:02:58 »
Starting at 9am and ending somewhere from 6-9pm sounds good to me.  :)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 21:44:16 »
I haven't been able to finish watching it myself, but check out this video on YouTube to get an idea of The Game Of Thrones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20085bVFeMA&feature=youtube_gdata_player