Author Topic: Dominion Online  (Read 7001 times)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Dominion Online
« on: April 10, 2011, 02:32:01 »
Okiedoke... I know getting you guys together for gaming was never easy... even when it was just for a half hour online, but I'm trying again.  Although I find it interesting that Dragon decides to go and have a baby just as Wylders is wrapping up tax season.   ::)

http://dominion.isotropic.org/faq/

The interface is pretty basic, and it says it has all the cards from all the expansions.  I played one game, and haven't figured out how to start one yet, or if there's a way to choose the cards you want.

My evenings are pretty wide open, so if anyone wants to set up a time to play a round or two, just let me know.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Dominion Online
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 08:15:28 »
Ok. I'll look for you when I'm online tonight... since Thursday nights seem to be the only time I'm on the computer at home anyway...
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 05:49:55 »
Let's try for this Thursday if you're available.  I didn't see the above post until the follwing day, and this past Thursday I was out ("What? TC with a life?!"  I know, right?  What a crazy, random happenstance).  ;D

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 23:46:07 »
Maybe tomorrow night? If you're able to, give me a call in the evening.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 18:11:55 »
Sounds good.  I'll be here.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 21:09:28 »
I'm sorry that I missed it. I was busy with the family until late that night, and then was too tired due to my recent ailments. I hope we can find a time to play soon.

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 02:00:34 »
Finally got to play!  That was pretty fun game, Dragon. 

After you left, I tried a few solo plays trying to customize the random draw.  I set the parameters for "4 - 7 cards with tag 'set=Alchemy'," "3 - 6 cards with tag 'set=Base'," and "must include (Village)."  What I ended up with was a pretty good set-up.

I definately think Alchemy has cool stuff that makes the potions more worth while, but I would not want to do a completely random draw of all the expansions with potion cards in the mix.

Fortunately, to that end, you can also specify "0-0 cards with tag 'cost-potion'."

My only problem with that selection box is that it moves up and down as people enter and leave the room, which makes selecting those parameters a little bit of a dexterity game in itself.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 00:05:08 »
I would definitely like to play this again sometime soon. For a while I've been trying to get a guy I used to work with to get online and play, but he has been a no-show each time we've made any plans.

I found an iPad app, which might be an official Dominion game for the iPad, but it still needs some graphical refining for the pre-game setup and the in game logs. The default Animation Speed also needs to be slowed down quite a bit or you can't tell at all what is going on during other player's turns. Another thing to note about the iPad app is that it only offers the cards from the original set, but the app is free, so it's not like more is to be expected with that.