Author Topic: Happy Birthday Beth and my return to my time warping machine  (Read 3890 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
We went to Carrabba's, our favorite restaurant, to celebrate my wife's birthday. Before heading out for the night, my kids and I gave her some gifts. We had picked out some things that would help with all of those precious memories: scrapbooking stuff and a nice picture frame.  I also gave her a CD of one of her favorite artists, Brad Paisley, even though I'm not a fan of country music. At least the guy is funny, which is the reason my wife really likes him anyway, or so she says. I also gave her a remote control for the PS3. I thought it was about time we got one of those since she uses the PS3 to watch Netflix so much anyway.

My wife took the baby to bed early after we returned home from the restaurant. I stayed up, took care of some paperwork for our previous home. (Hopefully we can all get a good night sleep tonight, but based on what I'm doing at the moment, I sort of doubt that I will.)

I finally got the Free Starter Edition of StarCraft II installed on my computer tonight and started going through the tutorial just to re-familiarize myself. I continued installing the Free Starter Edition of StarCraft II on my wife's computer in hopes of being able to get a match setup with my son. I'm not sure if that will be possible yet, especially since I'm planning on just using the Free version of the game (I just found out a couple days ago that they are offering that!), so if that doesn't work, we'll probably just take turns playing one copy to start with.

While that was going on, I was jumping back and forth, setting up Virtual Box with the Windows 8 Beta to check that out. I'm not sure what to think yet. The Start Up page is interesting, but even the browser runs in some strange full screen mode from there.

And now I'm here, writing a pointless blog about a bunch of thinly related stuff. I started off thinking, 'Why should I write a blog post about this?' but then it hit me... 'because I want to keep a record of this for myself.' So, if you've gotten this far, just remember, this wasn't written for you, but if you feel like commenting on my musings, feel free. Good night.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)