Author Topic: The Nerdist II: YouTube Boogaloo  (Read 4845 times)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
The Nerdist II: YouTube Boogaloo
« on: May 12, 2012, 18:33:15 »
In January, I wrote about the Nerdist podcast, and all the awesome and cool guests they have on every week.  Since then, they have started their own YouTube channel.

If you like things that are awesome (and why wouldn't you) check out The Nerdist Channel.  They upload new content every day like "Face to Face" with 'Weird Al' Yankovic, "Cute Things Exploding", and classic "Kids in the Hall" sketches with cast members reminiscing about working on the show.  

Of all of them so far, my favorite show has to be "All Star Celebrity Bowling."  When I was a kid, I remember watching Battle of the Network Stars on ABC; seeing actors from shows I loved teamed up together playing sports and having a good time.  Chris Hardwick's "All Star Celebrity Bowling" brought that all back for me.  

Each week Team Nerdist, comprised of a rotating cast from the other shows on the Nerdist channel, bowl 10 frames against the cast from other popular television shows and channels.  Past guests include: Team G4, Team Madmen, and Team Machinima.  The most recent episode has the Nerdist team bowling against Team Walking Dead!  

Hardwick is a pretty solid bowler, having grown up in his father's bowling alley, and it's fun when watching the show to see celebrities that are able to keep pace with him.  Then there is the trash talk!  Similar to Wil Wheaton's Table Top highlighted in my previous review, this show is loaded with fun and funny moments of celebities getting competetive.  I cannot recommend this show, as well as the other shows of the Nerdist Channel highly enough.  

Check out All Star Celebrity Bowling here!

See the entire Nerdist Channel catalog here!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 20:26:14 by TylerChuit »
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
The Nerdist: Ben Folds and Fraggle Rock
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 05:47:47 »
Like Ben Folds? 

Remember Fraggle Rock?  Jim Henson's OTHER show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEyrfFwf3rI
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"