Linked Events

• The Game of Thrones Event: August 26, 2012

Author Topic: The Game of Thrones Event  (Read 60335 times)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: The Game of Thrones Event
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2012, 09:17:11 »
In light of Philip not coming, it being BJ's (hehehe - gotta love those initials) first time and Caralee will be gaming with us...I want to request a change.

I want to scrap The Game of Thrones for this weekend and I want to have a normal game day with a variety of different games. 

Robo Rally? Cosmic Encounter? Thurn & Taxis? Dungeon Lords? Small World? Puerto Rico? Remember our faves?  :)

We can reschedule the day when Caralee (don't think she'll like it) is not going to be there and when I can invite my friends who LOVE games and the Game of Thrones show...

Are you both ok with that?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2012, 21:36:42 »
Ok.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2012, 11:28:27 »
Sounds fine.  I was concerned since Beatriz is taking a lot of medications right now, it is causing her to get tired more easily, that she might not last through a super long game like that.  I was also concerned that Charles would be immature about her initials... all out of your system, sir?  ::)

I would love to get Robo Rally in.  I also have a new game, Castle Panic that is pretty fun.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2012, 22:13:47 »
Yup...I'll be good.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2012, 00:31:21 »
I'm creating a new thread for this weekend's game day so that this thread can stay dedicated to the next Game of Thrones event.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 00:49:03 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2012, 22:40:05 »
Hey guys, Beth said there is something going on Dec 9th that was planned before.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2012, 21:55:12 »
Yep, it was something that some friends at our church are putting together. She remembered that she has a final exam that day for one class also, so we wouldn't be able to do it anyway.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2012, 17:44:36 »
Should I assume that Dec 16th, 23rd, and 30th are your proposed dates? (You said you were going to offer three alternatives, remember?) My boss doesn't ever have me working on Sunday, at least not yet, so I can't imagine that any Sunday we choose will be a problem with him. I don't think you'd want to try playing A Game Of Thrones in the evening anyway. I can't remember how much advance notice we need to determine Chris' availability. Is this something where we won't know until 2 weeks ahead of time? That *usually* works best with my wife too, since she prefers short term plans. I think that Beth said her classes are done in a couple weeks, so hopefully the weekend of the 9th is the end, but I'll have to talk with her more to be sure. (She's napping now after a long night of Black Friday shopping.) 

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2012, 10:14:20 »
Let's do the 16th. 9am. At Widget International Headquarters - 205 Katherine Blvd #1112, Palm Harbor, FL 34684

If you have trouble finding it, no worries...it's simply a fortnight from Winterfell.  Ask Tyrion Lannister if he can provide a squire to lead you.

If you can make it, please reply via raven.

Winter is coming....

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2012, 18:14:15 »
Sounds good to me.  :)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2012, 19:02:39 »
I will be there.   :)

phillip

• Copper Level
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2012, 13:07:39 »
I won't be able to make it this time either. I just got back from a week-long vacation, so I just have too much stuff to do this weekend.  :(

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2012, 20:39:07 »
Well, I had a good time, even though we didn't play Game of Thrones - the boardgame. We did watch the first two episodes of the second season, which I hadn't seen before. I hope Chris recovers from his sickness and we can get more people together to play next time.

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2012, 03:33:55 »
I am feeling better... I've slept a lot the past few days (it helps being off work for the next 3 weeks).

Very sorry I missed the day, I had been looking forward to hanging out with you for weeks!  The next few months are shaping up to be pretty full, schedule wise, so I'm not sure how many opportunities I will have for gaming just yet.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2012, 09:42:23 »
Ok, we are shooting for Jan 6th. Let us know if that is suitable for you.