Author Topic: Batman: Arkham Asylum - We will likely buy this one!!  (Read 4471 times)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Batman: Arkham Asylum - We will likely buy this one!!
« on: August 16, 2009, 16:59:03 »
Hunter and I downloaded this demo today and played with it for a good hour!! This game is SO fun!!  Some of the enjoyable elements include:

A fun fighting mechanic where you use X for agression and triangle for counter-attack defensive moves.  So if you see an opponent (they surround Batman often) about to attack, you can counter!

Battarang...just a lot of fun to knock someone down from a distance!

Glide/Kick - Nice way to take someone down from afar

Ground/Takedown - Once you knock someone down, you leap on them and knock them out with a special move.

Silent Takedown: - Much like Metal Gear, it's refreshing to sneak up behind someone and suffocate them until they pass out.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum - We will likely buy this one!!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 12:38:31 »
Sounds like fun. Is that a Lego Batman or human?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 20:07:17 »
It's human...and very realistic looking.

Why...next time you're over...I'll show you...but I must warn you.  It has the incredible side effect of REALLY WANTING A PS3!!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 23:19:42 »
I already have that. The PSP is working well to hold me over though.  ;)
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)