Author Topic: anyone have this nikko in their collection?  (Read 22729 times)

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
Re: anyone have this nikko in their collection?
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2012, 21:51:58 »
There are now 2 more raiders on ebay and one in the box. I keep seeing really rare cars on ebay like the new bright 4wd in box
More R/C cars than your local hobby shop

Old school is the only way to go

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2012, 15:22:38 »
post them then! haha
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

friedchickenfuelsme

• Silver Level
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2012, 16:24:41 »
The one raider I may try to get for parts. As far as nostalgia or collecting the one was long ruined with all the stickers on it and the deans plugs. When I got mine it had to be original with no tampering at all. The one in box has been rolled a few times if u look closely at the pics plus the rear tires are going bare. As far as the jeep I just had to tell my wife how quickly I destroyed my old one and she doesn't want me to get it knowing that. There are indeed some rare stuff popping up right now. I still want a buddy l rattler though but not seeing one yet.

friedchickenfuelsme

• Silver Level
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2012, 21:13:27 »
I'm not normally a person to have buyers remorse while being the highest bidder on something but I put a 40 dollar bid on that new bright jeep and was the highest bidder and was thinking oh man what did I do. I destroyed that jeep faster than my firestorm that got ran over by a car so I was so glad when I got beat out by a dollar. It would have been nice to have another childhood toy but not one that didn't hold up. Money I would rather put toward a parts raider to keep my baby running forever  :P.

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2012, 21:36:14 »
Dont sweat it, all you have to do is replace those *censored*ty pot metal hubs with the later plastic 2wd hubs and the weakest link is fixed. Now that your older you know how to drive it hard without destroying it.

After a few simple mods ive done to mine i actually run it pretty hard and even on 11.1v i have yet to break anything. Ive jumped it off lots of curbs, ramped more than 3 feet of air 10+ times and the truck still looks really nice. Ive gotta say with minor work they are much more durable than other comparable trucks
More R/C cars than your local hobby shop

Old school is the only way to go