Author Topic: RockBand on PS3  (Read 7313 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
RockBand on PS3
« on: September 08, 2013, 00:10:59 »
In recent months I've been reintroduced to the RockBand game a few times. I had never owned the game before, but had on occasion played Guitar Hero and thought that the RockBand game looked like fun. I had finally suggested to my wife that I'd like it for my birthday but she was resistant initially since she didn't like the song list. She found out from her niece (actually it was a reminder, since I had initially mentioned it long ago) that there are songs from Christian bands available to download and eventually she accepted the idea.

Since we are generally close to being broke most of the time, neither of us thought it would be necessary to get a brand new set, especially since I had been watching eBay a bit, and had seen some good deals on used sets. Even my wife's niece had gotten a good deal on a set recently, around $100 for a bundle for the Wii, which is still a great deal cheaper than paying for a brand new set, and hers was still in great condition. So, while I was checking eBay, my wife was checking Craigslist.

Thursday night she came into the bedroom, waking me from a deep sleep, to show me an ad that she found on Craigslist for a $30 set. I was half asleep looking at the ad, and of course, there was not much detail and it sounded too good to be true. Being exhausted from a recent "vacation," I promptly fell back asleep without much thought of it. The next morning she asked if I had contacted the seller, which I had not, and I didn't have time to do it then either, since I was heading to work. Later that morning I got a message from her that the seller still had the set and I could pick it up after work.

Friday after work, I went to the seller's house, which was only about 15 minutes away, and discovered that the ad had been incorrectly listed as a PS3 Rockband set, but it was actually the PS2 set. The seller was pretty sure it would still work on the PS3, but the couple assured me that I could bring it back if I had any problems getting it to work. Not wanting to pass up a deal for such a good price, I thought I might as well take it home and try it.

When I arrived home, the first thing I did was pop the disc in to try it out before ever pulling the rest of the gear out of the cardboard box that they had it in. To my dismay, the system rejected the format. I called the seller to let them know that it wasn't working and that I'd probably be on my way back. They apologized about the error in the ad listing and agreed to accept it back. Before heading back though, I searched online about compatibility, since this equipment looked very similar to what I had seen before. I also found online that the PS3 version of RockBand was selling for less than $5 on eBay, so I called the seller back again and let them know that we were going to try out some things first.

I then went to a local game store called M and M Video Games, hoping to find a good deal on the game and to confirm some questions that my wife and I had. I was fortunate to the the answers I needed, a PS3 version of RockBand, and even a set of drumsticks, since none were included with the used set I got, for just $5! Now I was really getting excited!

Just before Sabbath, my wife wanted me to download some of the Christian Rock songs that we had read about, so I found my way to http://christianrockbandmusic.wikispaces.com/ to help locate the music that I was looking for. Initially I was thinking that the songs listed as DLC were available only through the official website, since I couldn't find them in the PlayStation Store, so the first add ons that I found were through the PlayStation Store from RockBand Network (RBN). Later I noticed that in the RockBand game menu there is an option to buy more songs. The songs downloaded through the link from within the game worked fine, although we only got two from there, a few others from the RBN, including 2 songs from Demon Hunter.

Once again, excitement and disappointment came close together. Although the songs purchased through the Music Store link from within the game were able to be found and worked just fine, the songs from RBN are nowhere to be seen. More searches online have revealed that I need RockBand2 (and/or 3) to get the functionality, and therefore, the songs... unless someone else knows what I've done wrong.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: RockBand on PS3
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 14:41:04 »
It looks like the page that I used to check out for the Christian songs that were available on Rock Band has been deleted. Fortunately, I found a copy of the page on the WayBackArchive.

The PDF file attached will be the best format to download since it will have the original page layout, but I'll list out the songs on the page just for quick reference.

Source: christianrockbandmusic.w ikispaces.com from May 3rd, 2013 https://web.archive.org/web/20130503080851/http://christianrockbandmusic.wikispaces.com

Heart Of A Child - NEW!   
A Plea For Purging

Breaking
Anberlin

Feel Good Drag
Anberlin

Beautiful
Andy Kirk

Love is the Only Thing
Andy Kirk

Internal Cannon
August Burns Red

Marianas Trench
August Burns Red

Deny
Betrayed By Sorrow

Hey Baby, Here's That Song You Wanted
Blessthefall

What's Left Of Me
Blessthefall

Run
Charmaine

The Body
Close Your Eyes

Song For The Broken   
Close Your Eyes

Now or Never
Confide

Jesus Freak
DC Talk

Lately
Day of Fire

Collapsing
Demon Hunter

The World is a Thorn
Demon Hunter

He Is Good
Denbigh Cherry

My God Is There Controlling
Denbigh Cherry

Butcher's Mouth
Emery

The Cheval Glass
Emery

Scissors
Emery

Love Addict
Family Force 5

Radiator
Family Force 5

I'm So Sick
Flyleaf

Again
Flyleaf

Crazy Idea
Goliath Down

Dog Like Vultures
Haste The Day

Live Life Loud
Hawk Nelson

The Elevator
I Am Empire

Open My Eyes
Inhabited

The Healing
Ivoryline

Hanging By A Thread
Jeff Orr

Close Your Eyes
Jonathan Lee

Sound of the Redeemed
Jonathan Lee

The Feeling   
Kutless

Strong Tower
Kutless

Step Up (I'm On It)
Maylene & The Sons of Disaster

Lost Boys
MyChildren MyBride

Action/Adventure
Memphis May Fire

Be Careful What You Wish For
Memphis May Fire

Control
Mute Math

Typical
Mute Math

One Step Further
MxPx

Deathbed Athiest
Norma Jean

Leaderless and Self Enlisted
Norma Jean

The Anthem of the Angry Brides
Norma Jean

Spirit In The Sky
Norman Greenbaum

Crushcrushcrush
Paramore

Misery Business
Paramore

That's What You Get
Paramore

Passion Of My Life
Perfect Hero

Alive
P.O.D.

Boom
P.O.D.

Youth Of The Nation
P.O.D.

Tonight We Ride
Reform The Resistance (formerly Justified)

Must Have Done Something Right
Reliant K

The Way You Move
Since October

Monster
Skillet

Stand In The Rain
Superchick

Meant To Live
Switchfoot

Transmission Lost
Terra Terra Terra

Elements
Texas In July

Hook Line, and Sinner
Texas In July

Hook, Line and Sinner (RB3 version)
Texas In July

Uncivilized
Texas In July

Magnolia
Texas In July

Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over
The Devil Wears Prada

Hey John, What's Your Name Again?
The Devil Wears Prada

HTML Rulez D00d
The Devil Wears Prada

Strut
The Elms

A Clean Shot
The Myriad

Fire It Up
Thousand Foot Krutch

Desperate Times, Desperate Measures   
Underoath

In Division
Underoath

Reinventing Your Exit
Underoath

Writing On The Walls
Underoath

Redeemer - NEW!
War of Ages

We Are But Instruments
Where the Ocean Meets the Sky

The Mettle Of A Man
Where the Ocean Meets the Sky

King of Frauds
With Life In Mind

The Collapse of Men
With Life In Mind
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)