Author Topic: Lifetime Hosting?  (Read 3580 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Lifetime Hosting?
« on: December 04, 2013, 22:05:27 »
I was recently smacked in the face with the end of my hosting package... a (supposedly) LIFETIME HOSTING PACKAGE through HomePageUniverse that I had purchased in 2003. Seemingly out of the blue, the hosting service declared that they were no longer supporting the package that I had purchased before - it was a pre-payment for a lifetime of hosting. Granted, I expected that the package would end with the company crumbling eventually, but instead, I feel a little insulted that they won't even honor my request continue hosting my website on the minuscule amount of space that even their smallest package now dwarfs.

By the way, for that reason, the dragonshobbies.com domain is now pointed at a dead end, and although a few years ago I would have felt that the worst part is that my home page doesn't currently load, my main concern now is that I'm not able to get any of the email that is currently being directed to that domain. Hopefully it will all be resolved soon, as I'm trying to get the tech support at my former host to update DNS to point to my current host... which fortunately is where dragonhobbies.com (notice there is no "S" after dragon, which the original has) is hosted... primarily for this forum.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 22:13:10 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)