Author Topic: Are some clothing designers just ignorant or pedophiles?  (Read 3929 times)

Beth

• Bronze Level
Are some clothing designers just ignorant or pedophiles?
« on: November 08, 2009, 10:47:27 »
I am shopping today online for jeans for the kids.  Sears has a lot of stuff on their website on clearance with free shipping when you get over $39.  I come across this description.
"Add some bling to your trendy looks with these hip denim jeans. A slightly worn-in look and loads of sparkle on the rear get you noticed. Shiny Lurex embroidery makes a large Southpole logo above the rhinestone studded rear pockets. Button through waist with zip fly. Four pocket design. Cotton blend. Machine washable. Imported. "
If I was just reading the decription I would have thought this would have been for an adult but no these are for Southpole Girl's 7-16 Embellished Denim Jeans.  I don't know about other parents but I certainly do not want to try to have people notice my little girl's rear.
Certainly not trying to target Sears here for this but I have noticed other stores do this too.  I even saw high heal boots for little kids.  Who buys this stuff?  Can't people just let little kids be kids anymore.
I know this is just my opinion and I have the right to choose what to buy.  But what about others who don't always have their kids best interest at heart.  I guess those kids have more to worry about than just clothes.  But why even make them in the first place? And who would think to give the clothes such a description?
My shoes aren't on the wrong feet.  These are my feet.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Are some clothing designers just ignorant or pedophiles?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 07:37:47 »
I totally agree!!  What...do most parents want to send their daughters to school looking like little sluts?  My daughter will never be wearing a pair of shorts that says "Juicy" on it.  I cannot believe any parent would allow that...it sickens me.

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Re: Are some clothing designers just ignorant or pedophiles?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 08:25:21 »
"But MOM!!! ALL the girls are wearing them.  If I don't get them, EVERYONE will laugh at me, and no one will talk to me and I'll have no friends!"...  "I HATE YOU!!!  I WISH YOU WEREN'T MY MOM!!!"

Exerpt from a conversation I overheard in a Target a few years ago.  Welcome to the world of Hannah Montana and High School Musical.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"