Author Topic: Forum Titles?  (Read 8792 times)

Ernie

• Gold Level
Forum Titles?
« on: May 13, 2008, 11:28:40 »
So...what goodies do you have up your sleeve this time?
Click on this link and help hatch my Dragons!
http://dragcave.net/user/Y%27oshii%20Capone

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Forum Titles?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 12:21:11 »
Well... I'm not quite sure. I didn't get enough feedback before to get a good idea of what everyone else liked. I'm sure I'll continue with some sort of medieval theme for the titles where it seems appropriate. Do you have any suggestions?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Ernie

• Gold Level
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 10:03:44 »
Well, personally I am a Star Wars fan...Something along those lines is always nice!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 01:48:21 »
If there were titles that were equally fitting for both genres then I'd be ok with it, but in some ways it's not much different than what the forum currently uses.

Update: I haven't put any new forum titles in place, but you may be happy to see that there are some new Star Wars avatars available for forum profiles. When you go to update your profile you'll see a list of all the avatars now available.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Ernie

• Gold Level
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 08:13:23 »
Sweet!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 23:48:11 »
I've decided to name the member groups in a way that is a bit more abstract than last time. Also, I think I'll stay with the default amount of 5 different groups, rather than the 9 that I used before.

As a comparison, here is a chart showing both the new and old member groups.

New GroupPost RequirementOld GroupPost Requirement
Copper Level0Goblin0
Orc10
Ogre20
Giant40
Bronze Level50Hatchling Dragon80
Silver Level100Ice Dragon160
Gold Level250Venomous Dragon320
Platinum Level500Fire Dragon640
Warlord Dragon1280

These titles were inspired by Descent and hopefully the new flavor will satisfy the desire for new titles while also being more considerate to members who don't share the same love for medieval fantasy that I have.

Update: regarding blogs and permissions

Members who are ranked less than Bronze level will be restricted from posting new threads on the Blogs board, but anyone can reply to other people's blogs that are written there. (Please let me know if permissions don't seem right or aren't working properly.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 00:13:46 by Dragon »