Author Topic: More Work To Be Done  (Read 4812 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
More Work To Be Done
« on: November 20, 2016, 20:46:18 »
I finally got my Supra home from the shop after it had been waiting on all the new parts necessary for about a month. At the end of September I had ordered some parts to fix my AC and then took it in to my current favorite mechanic at McCleary's Auto And Truck Repair. Unfortunately, the condenser that I had ordered had been for an '85 Celica, not a Celica Supra. The issue with the names makes something that might be a simple search in some cases, a bit more confusing. Anyway, it took ordering the condenser 4 times before I got that first one, since every place that said they had a part matching my car soon after said that it was out of stock from there warehouse. I'm guessing several of them are using the same warehouse and don't get daily updates for their inventory.

After getting a replacement condenser ordered from a different place, along with a new alternator, fan clutch, shroud, and a few other AC parts, the car was finally finished and ready for me to pick up. Unfortunately, a day later, we discovered that there was a fairly significant fuel leak, which apparently is coming from the point where the filler neck attaches to the fuel tank. Since it's so rusty, the mechanic recommended that I get a new filler neck, and I should probably get another fuel tank too. At least it's still driveable until those parts are tracked down. I've looked around online a little bit, but haven't come across what I need yet.

Now, aside from my car needing repairs, I have a tooth that completely broke today too. It was partially broken for a while, but it felt strong enough to handle waiting a bit longer before seeing another dentist about it. Obviously I was wrong - the rest of it broke off today when I was taking some chewable vitamins. Sometimes taking some preventive measurements end up causing something else to fail.

This comes only a couple weeks after Anna had split open her chin while and had to get 5 stitches. My wife is still fighting with the insurance company multiple times a week, multiple hours for each phone call that I've heard, and we still don't have any health insurance that we can use... even though they say that we'll be able to get reimbursed for any of our out-of-pocket expenses since October 1st. (One nurse at the hospital chuckled and said that my wife was being naive if she thought that we would actually get reimbursed.)

I'd like to be able to say that we'll just take care of all these problems right now. Unfortunately, there is way too much work to be done, and not enough time or money to take care of it all at once.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)