Author Topic: Conquest Online - Starting a new game  (Read 2592 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Conquest Online - Starting a new game
« on: June 06, 2020, 22:21:01 »
I know I need to update the process for starting a new game. It was one of those things I was being clever with long ago in order to keep spammers from getting into games. The trick is, you have to add people to your Buddies List in order to create a game with them. So, currently, they have to be members on the forum and the person starting the game must have at least posted a few times on the forum in order to get out of the new member restrictions that keep you from editing your profile and adding Buddies. 

After you have them added, go to the Setup page and you should see your Buddies in the list on the left side of the page -
http://www.dragonshobbies.com/games/cote/setup.php
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 22:45:15 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Conquest Online - Starting a new game
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 17:11:56 »
It's been a long time coming, but I finally updated it. The Conquest Online setup system now includes an option to email invitations to people who aren't yet members, or to open a game up for anyone to join.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)