Linked Events

• Game Day: December 27, 2009

Author Topic: December 27th '09 Game Day  (Read 20182 times)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Re: December 27th '09 Game Day
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 15:44:16 »
In fairness, my above statement tends to become untrue come tax season...

And to the question of next week, we talked last night about maybe doing something on... was it Thursday the 17th?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 15:54:21 by TylerChuit »
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 20:36:13 »
Ali says that any Sunday in Jan works but for the 17th.

Nathaniel...any ideas? ???

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 01:32:29 »
After complete silence for what was long enough for her to forget that I'd even asked a question about next week, I reminded my wife that I had just asked her about going out on Thursday night. More silence followed, then my wife finally, hesitantly said, "Ok. I guess."

I then mentioned the potential event for January, but that was followed by more silence. Then she said, "Why do you guys have to plan stuff so far ahead?" I told her that people like to make plans, and some people even need to make plans. Despite the explanation, I only got more silence and then she changed the subject. I haven't gotten any answer about January yet. My best guess is that January 10th will be the best day to attempt something.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 10:22:28 »
At Unamable's house we had mentioned trying to get together every other Friday. Since two weeks from now is Christmas we had decided on next Friday as a starting point.
I am perfectly okay with Thursday instead.
I know with Christmas and New Years taking two Friday's in a row, we'd have to probably go three weeks after this coming session.
So, it looks like a meeting on Thursday or Friday 12/17 or 12/18,
followed by a potential meeting on Friday after New Years, 1/8/10,
with a major meeting on that Sunday, 1/10/10.

If someone can post this on the calendar, awesome.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 16:04:49 »
Hey guys, just as a reminder, I'll have Tuesdays cleared for potential gaming. It's the only evening other than Sunday that I'll be able to plan for throughout the next semester.

By the way, Mac, you should be able to add events to the calendar by clicking on the date. If you can't do that, let me know and I'll check the settings.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 17:32:56 »
Do we want to try an "every other Tuesday" thing...since that works for Nathaniel?  I go workout on Tuesdays...but I can see if I can move that to another day if that works for everyone else...

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 08:43:58 »
The two Chris's and myself were thinking of doing the every other Friday thing. It will be Thursday this week. I am available on Tuesdays.
I say that if we can all get together every other week, let's make it happen.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 12:28:08 »
Thanks for working with me for gaming on Tuesdays. If you guys want to alternate on weeks, that's fine and totally understandable. I don't want to cut down on your potential for gaming.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 14:09:43 »
I personally have the time available. I think if everyone chimes in, maybe Tuesday is a reasonable day to get all five of us together every couple of weeks or so.

I think we have a couple of venues availabe at any given time. If we rotate it around nobody will feel left out, or overburdened. The last thing we want is someone to feel left out or abused by the 'game-aholics' coming to visit too often.

Speaking for myself, I look forward to making it happen, every other Tuesday, Friday, Thursday, whatever. And then we throw in an all day event every couple of months or so.

Awesome.

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 14:37:34 »
I feel like perhaps I was being derogatorized by the term "game-aholics".  :'(

Maybe you've stumbled on my real reason for the Funagain order, since I've always been a firm believer of "don't get high on your own supply." ;D

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2009, 18:37:22 »
Don't worry Chris, I don't think that term was talking about anyone specific. This is not game-aholics anonymous here. We aren't trying to stop anyone from playing.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2009, 18:52:04 »
I am a freaking game-o-holic and I don't plan on taking a 12 step course to stop it either.  May this affliction continue until death and if possible even after.

Did we decide on a day?  Is it every other Tuesday?  Which Tuesday is next?

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2009, 08:39:37 »
I figure we should discuss that tonight while we are mainlining meeples.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2009, 08:44:34 »
We are planning on meeting tomorrow. Still deciding on a venue.

I forgot that Tuesdays are busy days for me at work, sometimes keeping me at work until 7pm or later. That's what I get for taking two tuesdays off in a row.

I'll do my best to make all the meetings in a timely manner, however some days may not be good for me.

I'm in the process of taking my name off the list for staying every tuesday and going to the more popular once a month required late night. I joined up for every Tuesday when they were paying OT, now they are going to send us home early on Wednesday to make sure we don't get any OT. I prefer to work a regular work week, not 12 hours on Tuesday and 5 on Wednesday. No thanks.

Mac

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2009, 16:14:55 »
Hey Mac, I couldn't remember if you were still planning on going to Game Day in Clearwater tomorrow or not. In addition to game considerations, Chris and I were considering seeing Avatar tomorrow evening but the last show that we'd probably be able to see would be the 7PM show, so if we went we'd have to cut Game Day short. Charles is going to see Avatar again today, so he probably won't be interested in seeing it again tomorrow night. Are we riding to Clearwater together? If you're still planning on going and we're riding together, knowing that you've already seen Avatar, I'm assuming that you won't want to see it again.