Linked Events

• Game Day: December 27, 2009

Author Topic: December 27th '09 Game Day  (Read 20405 times)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: December 27th '09 Game Day
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2009, 16:56:47 »
Actually no.  I am going NEXT Saturday...

So the invite is still open...

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2009, 17:06:25 »
That was very cool playing again with you guys.

Let's see... Pandemic, Bang!, Cosmic Encounter, DOMINION, Snow Tails and Agricola. All great games!

It was great finally beating Pandemic! I enjoyed playing Bang! again, especially since it had been so long since I had played it before. Even though I wasn't on the winning team, it was a good game! I'm also definitely glad you guys enjoyed the new version of Cosmic Encounter! Playing Snow Tails again was cool, very challenging with that tight pass to get through, and of course it felt great to win! Agricola was also very challenging, as usual. It was quite different playing with both the Moors and with the "Family Game" mode (without Minor Improvements and Occupations). Another close game that I was very surprised to win. I thought for sure that Mac had us beat with all those Victory Points for Major Improvements.

I really enjoyed the day and look forward to our next event!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 18:06:10 by Wyldwing »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2009, 14:24:47 »
I had a great time playing on the 27th.
I'd like to say sorry to TylerChuit for blocking him in the Snow Tails game. I totally missed that there was a wager going on for that game. In the rearview, I would have chosen differently if I had realized that there was more than just a game involved. I'm also sorry for cutting in front of Kamie later in the same game.
I have a much better grasp of Agricola now, I think I'm ready to actually compete the next time we play. Dominion was way cool, I look forward to giving it another go. I'm glad we were actually able to win at Pandemic, I was beginning to wonder if it was possible. I think we got lucky with TylerChuit drawing some very good cards and completing the last disease in a timely manner. I really liked the game Bang!, probably because it was the only one I won. Either way, it was cool meeting Don and his family, hopefully they'll be around to game sometime in the future.

Thanks for hosting, Wyldwing.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2009, 23:26:59 »
Yeah, Dan and Jamie are cool. I was disappointed when they said that they had to leave. I've enjoyed playing games with both of them in the past.

And yes, I enjoyed Dominion too, even though I couldn't seem to remember it when I was writing my previous post.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2009, 07:27:17 »
You remembered it...it's right there in your post...??   ;D

Anyway, guys I had a BLAST...got a little tense there for a few moments, but it didn't get out of hand. 

I loved pretty much all the games we played, athough, I have to admit, I was really shocked that Agricola took so LOOOOOONG.  I didn't think it was that long of a game.  I guess I've never played it with that many players...It was fun, but I generally hit a 2 hour point and wish I was playing something else.

The new Cosmic Encounter is a huge improvement.  I liked it a lot.

And playing Bang! was totally cool.  What an ending...as I was shot and lay there bleeding on the ground, the renegade standing above me laughing at my demise, I couldn't help but think..."but...I had a miss card...nooooo"

Looking forward to the first game day of 2010!! I can't say I want to play Starcraft if it's one of those "epic" games that takes hours and hours.  I'm just not that into LONG games.  So perhaps you guys could play that at an event that I don't attend.  During busy season you will have many opportunties to exclude me, unfortunately. 

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2010, 22:12:33 »
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 18:06:10 by Wyldwing »

Hmm... Now that I think about it. I don't remember writing any of that stuff. Where is my post?

StarCraft takes about 3-4 hours to play.