Author Topic: Hello,I'm new to the forums and I'm looking for a 27 mhz Slammer Remote!  (Read 4016 times)

modeltfordman

• Copper Level
Hi all,

I recently went through my old RC s and found my slammer I bought when I was a kid. The problem is my remote antenna broke away from the main PCB and I probably threw it away a long time ago. I still have the old remote, but it is in pieces and some are missing. It has two thumb sticks that work the rear tires like a tank. You hold the two up to go forward etc. If needed I can post pics of it. Also I recently got my original Baja Bandit to going again after a long battle on ebay for an original remote. It works fine in fast,but when it is changed to slow the gears grind. I haven't taken it apart because I just got the remote today and I was reliving my child hood. I thought if the gears weren't stripped then I could add more grease to help lube it up. Thanks for any and all replies.   

scorcher

• Platinum Level
you came to the right place mate if any 1 can help online im sure it will be here there lots of top fellas here  ;)
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

scorcher

• Platinum Level
oh and welcome to the forums
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

modeltfordman

• Copper Level
Thanks for the warm welcoming everyone. I've been searching the forums for a few weeks and just decided today to register and ask for help. Hope I do!  :D

modeltfordman

• Copper Level
Just an update, I think I found a remote that will work. There was an auction on ebay the other that had a nitro bull dozer with two batteries and charger. I asked the seller for the fcc id on the remote and it matched mine. So I got a deal on the dozer and can't wait to get it. :)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Cool. Glad you were able to find what you were looking for.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

mayfew

• Copper Level
what kind of range do you get with your slammer?

I just got one on the cheap, but the car goes out of range after about 15 feet.  I checked both antenna connections in the remote and in the car, both seem to be fine.  Plus there is a NEW battery in the remote.

While my scorcher has a range of at least 250 feet, I have not driven it out of range to know the limit.

P.S. How is that Dozer? there is a "new in box" dozer on ebay right now.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 19:05:09 by mayfew »