Author Topic: Tyco controller  (Read 3613 times)

videowiz

• Copper Level
Tyco controller
« on: February 22, 2010, 16:46:49 »
I have an older Tyco aero turbo buggy that I can't find the controller for. What can I use as a replacement? It runs at 49 MHz and I know nothing about it other than that.

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
Re: Tyco controller
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 21:10:18 »
id say you probally are better off hunting down a tyco remote since you probally need the turbo funtion. any 49 mhz controller will work but if yours came with a sqaure one with the r/c name on it id say your better off lookin for a pistol grip remote since they just say tyco, should beable to find one on ebay, just may have to look for a parts type r/c that you can buy the whole thing on the cheap
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

Atomika

• Bronze Level
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 17:52:19 »
Ur prolly gonna need to find one of the old school tyco thumb stick ones. U might luck out and have a Pistol grip one work but its kinda unlikely. I run into this problem all the time. I come across vintage rc's then play hell tryn to find a controller for em that will work. Even if u do find a 49 MHz its gotta be exact or it wont work. Alota times you can open up the rc and look and find something in there that will tell you the exact frequency.

Here's a frequency list jus to kinda give u an idea of what ur lookn at.  http://rcvehicles.about.com/od/frequency/p/US-RC-Frequencies.htm

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 21:26:51 »
i think for the most part the joystick and pistol type are the same frequencies i was using the bandit pistol on an eliminator which takes the joystick tpe, but good point tho, you may need to stay with tyco brand since another brand may not work right. i have a fastlane r/c thats something like 49.012 mhz or some odd number and the 49 mhz tyco just makes it jerk around a bit like interference
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

Atomika

• Bronze Level
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 03:57:43 »
Yeah its kinda odd how it works out. For instance I have a Python, a Firepower and the one from jurrasic park that has the spitting dinosaur. I only have the Python controller (49 MHz) and it works on the Firepower but not the JP truck. I have a Turbo hammer (also 49Mhz) that works on my Blaster but wont work on any other smaller trucks.

I recently acquired an old school Radio Shack Sonic Thunder and I have no idea what frequency it is. I've tried 6 controllers so far to no avail:(