Author Topic: A good time with friends  (Read 3290 times)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
A good time with friends
« on: July 10, 2010, 18:16:21 »
We had a fantastic time with the clan of Dragon's that started last night and flowed into this morning.  We all went over to Dunedin and enjoyed the splash park.  When the kids became cold and wanted to leave we decided to go back to our place for chips, salsa, coffee and ice cream. 

We got to play a game of Dominion, which I won, and I hope Beth enjoyed.  Then we played ticket to ride, which  I believe Wendy simply KILLED us all.  We then played liar's dice as a final game in which I was doing very well until Wendy decided to methodically chop me down die by die...in the end, however, Beth outsmarted Wendy and claimed victory.

The kids were all well behaved and enjoyed swimming in the pool and settling down for a movie.

I had such a good time...I had to wonder...why didn't we do this more often?  The dragon's are such nice, friendly people...why didn't I make more time to be a part of their lives?  or just pick up the phone and invite them over?  I'm not sure...but that is going to change.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: A good time with friends
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 15:16:50 »
We definitely enjoyed our time there too. Thanks for having us over.

After having Wendy's homemade salsa, Beth loved it so much that she has been attempting to make some herself. 

That game of Ticket To Ride definitely won me over a bit more, so it's moved up a notch on my "interested in playing" scale.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)