Author Topic: Happy Birthday Charles  (Read 3508 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Happy Birthday Charles
« on: December 04, 2010, 16:55:45 »
Happy Birthday Charles! I hope you have a good one!

Since I had written a little about Ernie recently, and Chris (TylerChuit) brought up a good point about birthday's being good reminders, I thought I should continue with a little blog about my friend, Charles.

It's hard to believe that I've known Charles for 6 years now. He found my website around the time of his move to Florida as he was looking for a local gaming group. Of course, his wife was concerned about meeting someone in person that he had only recently met online and "might be a serial killer." The funny thing was, my wife was saying the same thing about Charles before we met. And, Charles and I both had pretty much the same responses to our wives - why would a serial killer be scoping out strategy board gaming groups?

At one point, which actually was the first time that we had met with Chris (TylerChuit), we had a gathering that included another local gaming group, but shortly after that there were some heated discussions online which were rather insulting and only proved that we were better off not joining them.

By the way, that first time that Charles met with my wife and I, it seems like we played one of Charles' favorite games, Saint Petersburg. And it also seems like it ended in a tie... between my wife and Charles.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 00:00:29 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Re: Happy Birthday Charles
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 12:52:05 »
Wait... Beth tied Charles at St. Petersburg her first time playing?!?!  I've played that stu... that game with him many times and only recently won.  No slight on your lovely wife, Nathaniel, but I just find it hard to believe that she could have outmastered him on her first try.

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday Charles.  You're a good friend and a good person... who obviously lets women win. ;D
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Happy Birthday Charles
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 18:00:51 »
Thank you so much guys!!! I look forward to getting together soon!!!