Author Topic: Starting a new job  (Read 3541 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Starting a new job
« on: December 08, 2010, 22:29:37 »
Things didn't quite work out at my last job. The project that I was working on crumbled and everyone on the development team was laid off. I'm very thankful though that I was able to get a new job lined up within 3 days of being unemployed. Of course, to the non-believers, you may just think that I might be very lucky to find something this quickly in this job market or that I'm taking another job that no one else would want. I'm not sure exactly how statistics are looking, but it seems to me that the job situations are improving for us, at least in the area that I live and the career path that I have pursued. In addition to that though, for those who are reading this but don't know me personally, I do have the faith that God watches over us and I am a faithful believer in the power of prayer. I was quite impressed with the company in general when I went in for the interview, and the person who hired me was apparently impressed by me. This job is starting off with me just in a temporary position, so of course I'll have to prove myself worthy of being hired on full time. I'm confident that I will be able to do everything that is necessary, and that I will be able to learn new skills quickly.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Starting a new job
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 06:04:25 »
Congratulations buddy.  Sorry to hear of the layoff, but happy to hear you found a job so quickly!!

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
Re: Starting a new job
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 22:18:59 »
God is great!
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"