Author Topic: Another successful introduction to Dominion  (Read 3106 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Another successful introduction to Dominion
« on: December 10, 2010, 16:02:00 »
Today worked out for me and my friend, Rick, to get together for a few hours. He knows that I love to play board games so after we chatted together for a while he asked if there was anything that I wanted to play that wouldn't take forever. I thought that it might be a good opportunity to introduce him to Dominion, since the box lists the game time of 30 minutes, even though I had hardly ever played it in that short of a time.

I used the "First Game" and we jumped right into the game with a minimal introduction. I managed to get 5 Copper coins in my first hand and decided to try out a different strategy than I had playing that set before. By the end of the game, I had 11 Gold coins in my deck and had been able to purchase a Province card at least every other round near the end of the game. Rick picked up the game pretty quickly, which I was very happy about. He liked the game so much that he asked if I wanted to play again, even though he only had about 35 minutes before he needed to leave. We played with the same set, in order to keep things familiar and were able to play through the game the second time in only about 25 minutes. Rick was getting the Village-Market chains down just fine and only had a few times where there was any confusion about how cards could be played. Both games ended with about the same score, but it was nice to see that he was able to catch onto the game so easily.

By the way, I also got those two BGG promo decks: Envoy and Black Market. Haven't tried them, yet, but couldn't pass them up since they were so cheap.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 16:17:15 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)