Author Topic: Dealers catalog from 1980's- 1990's-photos  (Read 98617 times)

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
Re: Dealers catalog from 1980's- 1990's-photos
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2011, 03:50:33 »
I remember in summer of 2000 I bought a red super rebound and it just stopped working so i took it back and bought a green one. I still have it int the garage.

I also remember the assasin, they made that then also a hummer with orange tiger stripe paint scheme and another truck with the mutator body called the fugitive
More R/C cars than your local hobby shop

Old school is the only way to go

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2011, 03:52:37 »
the 70 73 camaros look pretty good, iam a pontiac guy myself, im building a 66 gto now i bought a 75 trans am this past summer
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2011, 03:55:32 »
yeah that f150 is actually my brothers...another toy my mom kept to give, to son that wasn't even born yet! but it is fast for a new bright, it can contend with the mutator

i got my mutator a few years ago at an auction, i thought it looked sweet so my mom bid on it since i was in school, and i got it and then it just sat in a toy box until this past year.

yes the fugative, there was one on ebay a few months back but i forgot to bid on it.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2011, 03:59:18 »
yeah, i don't really like pontiacs, but i do like some. i would love to help some one rebuild a car, or help iin a shop to get an idea and know my way around cars.

all i can do is rotate tires, change brakes and rotors, change the oil, and put in after market radios( but that is rough), oh and wash em
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2011, 04:01:27 »
Yeah auto restoration is down, i left the shop in feb of 2009 because the economy took it way down then I started the toyota shop. At the same time I had a 96 Viper GTS blue with white stripes and sold it to start up the shop

Ive had 3 syclones, a ton of corvettes and other cars but as of now im just down to the Syclone and a 69 corvette 427 t-top 4 speed #'s matching car

New bright started making the 2wd platform in 96. Before that they made the 4wd platform from 93-95 with a jeep or syclone body. I have the 4wd one in a green jeep body. Its the only one I have ever seen anywhere period

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2011, 04:06:28 »
i'm excited to see all these cars that i missed out on, you better got the pictures up this weekend haha.

so did you specialize in toyota vehicles at one point? and that is why your shop is toyota. if not why not just call it the kings shop? haha

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2011, 04:17:50 »
Im definitely gonna post the collection this weekend.

I never specialized in toyotas before I opened the shop just knew them well. I did however build the fastest MR2 before tho haha. Its called the 4runner house because I sell parts and repair for toyota 4runner and pickup trucks only. For a while I was tempted to turn it into a half rc shop too, this I could call it king rc haha

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2011, 11:19:11 »
no going to lie you are kinda living my dream! how is it haha?

i know guys that don't tough anything that isn't american so i just figured you might have but that is very very cool

is this the ferrari?

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2011, 12:01:31 »
Yeah thats the one, I believe thats the picture from top gear.

I have only owned collectable american cars but have a soft spot for ferraris and lamborghinis, none of which I will probably ever own. That ferrari actually has a big block chevy motor with twin 98mm turbos, some people whined about it not having a ferrari motor but hey, its the fastest one in the world so it has all right. I still have the bonneville tires from it in my shed

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2011, 13:18:32 »
well i wouldnt be in no hurry to run out and put a bbc in it, but if i had one that somebody put a twin turboed bbc in it, i definateley wouldnt kick it from the garage
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2011, 22:21:35 »
it is from top gear, nice chevy engine.

just_chilin

• Bronze Level
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2011, 00:40:42 »
Has anyone come across a Tyco Recoil 4x4 truck?? Im having a hard time finding anything about this truck, looks pretty sweet, but I need more info. Not sure how old it is and I need a remote (27mhz) Truck has 4 fixed position wheels (front dont turn side to side), more like the Mutators tires. It uses 6.0v turbo jet pack.  Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2011, 11:09:11 »
Basically what you have is a 6.0v rebound that stays on one side that is a monster truck using an eliminator style body

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2011, 11:52:27 »
by the way welcome to where men become boys with sweet toys haha

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2011, 13:10:11 »
well said, hell if you put it that way im still a toys r us kid hahaha