Author Topic: PS3 Purchased - Thank You economic stimulus  (Read 11848 times)

ragingwookie

• Bronze Level
PS3 Purchased - Thank You economic stimulus
« on: July 15, 2008, 01:13:52 »
Just used to buy a PS3. Then spent the next three hours trying to come up with an online ID that it would take. I wonder if it was because it was the master account that it was so strict.

(Updated subject line - Dragon)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 13:52:53 by Dragon »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Thank You economic stimulus
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 01:26:33 »
Cool. The fact that there is no extra cost for online play is just one factor of why I really want that system, especially since I've played Call of Duty 4. I wish I could say that I was getting a PS3 soon, but due to current prices and the potential distraction from school that it would probably be, I can't get one right away.

What game(s) do you have at this point?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 06:46:58 »
Yes, me too.
I bought a PS3 with Turok and Rainbow Vegas Six 2, traded the first for elder scrolls and play the other religiously.

mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

ragingwookie

• Bronze Level
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 11:08:09 »
Cool. The fact that there is no extra cost for online play is just one factor of why I really want that system, especially since I've played Call of Duty 4. I wish I could say that I was getting a PS3 soon, but due to current prices and the potential distraction from school that it would probably be, I can't get one right away.

What game(s) do you have at this point?

right now I just have Metal Gear 4. I'm going to trade in some of my 360 games today. I think I'm going to get the ratchet and clank game. Loved those on the PS2.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 12:27:20 »
Metal Gear Solid was really fun for me. There probably isn't an online version of that though, is there?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

ragingwookie

• Bronze Level
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 12:44:47 »
Metal Gear Solid was really fun for me. There probably isn't an online version of that though, is there?

MGS4 does have online.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0BGUttgk4sM

ragingwookie

• Bronze Level
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 13:16:12 »
Online Id is reptilesnsamurai

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 21:06:58 »
I own the Ratchet and Clank.  Bought it for my son. 

Did you want to buy it from me?  Offer me a price!

I like it, but I'm in Soul Caliber IV and Orange Box right now.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 06:53:38 »
I don't play my PS3 much anymore. About two downloads ago, I started having problems. The game/movie will play for about 15-25 minutes, then it says disk error. It lists an error number, I forget to write it down. I looked on the internet, some say it was a download in January that is causing problems, I started having issues about the time of the mandatory download. However, some say it's a bad laser and it costs about $60 for a new one if you want to do it yourself, $150 or more if you have Sony fix it. The weird part is that my laser works, for a while, every thing on the internet says it doesn't work at all.
I wonder if the Sony download didn't totally break my system, creating an influx of money for Sony, and I just got a partial breakdown.
Either way it's a bummer.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 13:49:39 »
That sucks. I hope they have that fixed soon. I still don't have a PS3 yet, but I'm sure if it's a problem due to their patch they'd have to get it fixed soon if they care about their customers at all.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
Re: PS3 Purchased - Thank You economic stimulus
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 05:41:48 »
They refuse to acknowledge any problem. Everyone just needs a new DVD drive, that's all.
Sounds like a economic stimulus created by SONY to me.
What can I do? I play half a game of football, and it's locked up. I try to play my new orange box game, can't even download the latest forced upgrade.
Guess I better read some instructions and figure out how to install a DVD laser.
Oh, well. I'm pretty good at that kind of stuff. Just have to justify the $80 or whatever it costs.
Maybe in a month or two. Gotta pay the house insurance, always a fun event.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 15:26:14 »
One $85 laser from China, and I'm back in business.
Oh, what game to play first. second or third.
they all look like old friends I have neglected.
I choose you, Rainbow Vegas Six 2. I love shooting the terrorists.
Next up, Are you ready for some Football. I am , I still have only completed the first two games for the Bucs season. Last season. I think we're going to the Super Bowl this time around. Can you say home field advantage?
Why look, there's a new game I haven't played, Orange Box. OOooooo, it has five games in it. This may take a while.

Mac

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 18:17:19 »
Orange Box is awesome...I think you will LOVE PORTAL!!!  Play that first.  It's one of my favorite games of all time!!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 22:33:54 »
I wonder if I'd be able to convince my wife to let me get a PS3 now since I'm not taking classes during the summer.  :-\

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 15:18:13 »
Can you twist her arm, that may help. Of course, if you twist too far, you'll have to work and take care of her until she heals.  :P
I think it's down to only $300.00 now.     Um, I'm not sure that will help, you may want to leave the price out of it.
Oh and the cost of games as well. $60 is a bit steep. I am planning on buying a new game in 2010, not sure yet, I'll have to check the finances when I get closer to that date.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 11:48:11 by tampamac2002 »