Author Topic: Post-Charstermas / Hanookah yet Pre-Nu Yeers Game Day  (Read 15523 times)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Post-Charstermas / Hanookah yet Pre-Nu Yeers Game Day
« on: December 22, 2008, 14:10:31 »
Who's up for PCHYPNYGD? :o

I'm off work between 12/25 - 1/5, and I'm itchin to try out my copy of Agricola.

Who's in?  Post your available days so we can square something away.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
Re: Post-Charstermas / Hanookah yet Pre-Nu Yeers Game Day
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 16:34:55 »
Not sure what the blazes your talking about, but I am available to find out quite a bit this week. I am off 12/24 through 1/2/09. So, excluding the obvious days, I am open to negotiating some times and days.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 00:27:52 »
Cool! You got Agricola! I'm definitely interested in doing something sometime. My wife has to work all but the the day of and the day after each holiday, so we might be away on the weekends. Sometime during the week would be the most likely time for me to be available, so keep me posted on available times for everyone.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 18:08:14 »
It's so funny.  To accomodate Dragon, I got next Sunday approved by the wifey.

Does that not work for you Dragon?

If not...I'll check with the little woman.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 00:13:14 »
Next Sunday? Are you talking about Dec 28th? I asked Beth about it and she said that she thinks we're going to my parent's place on Saturday to visit my brother, Lazer, before he heads off for 6 months. She said that it would probably be ok to plan for gaming on Sunday.

So... where and when?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 06:53:33 »
Sundays are no good for me, I am in the New Port Richey Gaming Group. We meet at Tigerfire's house on Sundays.

So, have fun without me, and someone please tell me what "PCHYPNYGD" stands for.

;D
Mac

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 07:51:43 »
Uhhh, that's the acronym for the title of the thread, Mac.  Now if you wanna know what THAT stands for, it's my lame-ass way to disguise that I don't know how to properly spell Hanukah, and am too lazy to even google it.

If we want to save some time learning the rules for Agricola, check out the Boardgames with Scott review here: http://www.boardgameswithscott.com/
It's about the fifth one down.

Also, I've been looking for a copy of a game called Snow Tales, which is a dog-sledding game that mechanically sounds like a combo between Robo Rally and a game Dragon loaned me called Circus Maximus.  Unfortunately, so far there's only been a limited printing for this year's ESSEN that has already sold out.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 08:06:55 by TylerChuit »

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 07:59:43 »
Oh, and there's no rule that we can't do more stuff in the next week and a half than just one whole day. 

If there is an evening or afternoon where we could just do a few hours, why limit ourselves.  Even if we can't all make it.  Several small game sessions with mixed groupings sounds better than one big one that not everyone can make anyway.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 13:23:30 »
Sorry, our house is closed for renovations currently.   :-\

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 21:37:39 »
I think I can host a game. I have a table with six chairs.
As long as nobody minds walking on a concrete floor?

I am open to suggestions for the coming week, up to new years day.

Mac

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 09:39:48 »
As Sunday is tomorrow, I don't think we'll be doing the all day game thing...unless you guys call me today. 

I certainly can plan for some evening during the next week.  That seems to work better for Mac anyway.   

Let me know your thoughts.  I should be home from 2pm until 9pm today, so call if we are doing anything tomorrow.  I will host.  Not a problem.  Just bring your own drinks/snacks. 

See you soon!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 10:59:13 »
I'm going to be out for most of the day today, but tomorrow should still work out for me. I haven't seen much on the thread to be able to tell when everyone can get together. If morning is too early for everyone, how about 1:30PM?

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 11:37:01 »
I was hoping for tomorow, and I can show up as early as you want, the earlier the better.  I'll be at my computer playing Fallout 3 all day today, so I can check in regularly for updates. ;D

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 11:01:21 »
I am up for hosting games anytime this week. I am available almost the whole time. I have to work Thursday night, but I get off early on Friday.

Let me know if anyone is interested. I live about two blocks north of Gulfview Square Mall, just off US 19.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 14:24:30 »
I'm probably going to still be busy with this flooring project today and tomorrow. Of course, Wednesday is New Year's Eve, so I doubt anyone will be interested in doing anything that night. Friday might be our best bet.