Author Topic: Relays  (Read 9009 times)

stan

• Gold Level
Relays
« on: April 06, 2011, 12:58:28 »
Does any one have any 7.2v relays?
Radio shack has a problem with there rc cars blowing relays.
millionspot H500S03 relay.

doesnt have to be that relay.
any 5 prong relays would work

3 prong front
2 prong rear.

you think i can use a 12v relay?

hmm maybe if all else fails i can cut the top off the relay and fix the internals.
yes YES very good, I like talking to myself

stan

• Gold Level
Re: Relays
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 13:02:15 »
Can i take out the relays and use an esc?
theres 1 relay for forward and one for reverse

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 01:04:35 »
well alot of those relays can be bought from electronic supply stores, theres a couple sites that i was on that sales that type of stuff i just dont remember the name, alotta times you can google the relay part number and pull some replacements up that way.

i think you could possibly get away with the higher relay, i think the issue would be if you were tryin to use smaller relays

i think your saying, can you just by a different say hobby type esc and use it to replace the forward/reverse functions but keep the steering functions that are built into the esc that has the forward/reverse problem? if so then id have to say no, because you would need to beable to power and control the functions of forward and reverse which would still be part of the bad esc , although im not gonna say its impossible with some serious ingenuity.

id jus switch the esc and change the radio and be done
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

stan

• Gold Level
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 17:53:54 »
I meant like can i de-solder the relays.  one relay goes forward and the other is for revers.
if i take those out can can i hardwire in a hobby esc?
The car and remote are digital proportional. so i figures because they are digital proportional i thought maybe i can use the esc in replacement of the 2 relays that i got a part car at a yard sale and it had the same damn problem with the relays lol

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 23:51:06 »
im not gonna say its impossible, but i see alotta extra work in trying to do it.

the only way i can see that working is you for one would completeley do away with powering the forward/reverse part of the board that actually send power to the motor, then you would also do away with powering the stock esc directly from the battery pack, the new esc would need to be powered directly from the battery, it would then need to power the reciever part of the stock esc, and also the steering function of the esc, if you were to buy a hobby grade esc, it would have 2-3 wires for the motor to hook to, you would only use 2 of them, it would have 2 wires to connect directly to the batter wires, it would then have 3 small wires, these wires are what normally would plug into the hobby style reciever and when plugged up these 3 wires would do 2 things, they would 1 power the reciever, which also supplies the power to the steering servo 2 they also when the reciever gets a signal they power one function or the other, forward/reverse.

that being said, you would have to by-pass alot of circuits in the original esc to make it do nothing but work the reciever,give signal to the esc for forward and reverse, and work the steering im not gonna say it cant be done, but you would basically be re-engineering the board and taking on alotta headache, even then im not sure it would work, and you would still need to fix whatever relay/capacitor/transistor or whatever is wrong with the original esc, since its probaly not the part that gives power to the motor thats bad, but most likeley the part of the esc that gets the signal to supply power to the other part of things, steering servos, and the recievers are not very expensive if you buy a radio used on ebay, and you can get 7.2v esc's pretty cheap also, especially brushed. you would be light years away just going all 100% hobby grade if your gonna swap esc's, not to mention, hobby grade digital proportional is alot better than the nikko/radio shack digital proportional, alot smoother/quicker/or even slower if ya like it that way
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 23:56:44 by performerrpm »
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

stan

• Gold Level
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 02:04:51 »
Doesnt have a stock esc or any esc. but how exactly does the internals of the esc work?  maybe then might i understand

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 01:51:29 »
not exactly sure how to say that they work, but if you have no esc now, then you probally dont have the reciever either, since there both one piece. in any case if no esc is there, then id just go hobby grade and be done!!!!
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

stan

• Gold Level
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 12:13:48 »
I was wrong.   the right relay controls foward and reverse and the left relay controls steering

mica359

• Copper Level
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 16:59:20 »
I recently found my RadioShack R/C car and it has the same problem, it will go forward, but no reverse.  I still have full steering control.   Have you had any luck in finding these relays?

stan

• Gold Level
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 19:53:18 »
I recently found my RadioShack R/C car and it has the same problem, it will go forward, but no reverse.  I still have full steering control.   Have you had any luck in finding these relays?

I have 2 different radio shack cars almost identicle bodies. the chasis and electronis are exectly the same.  and no i havent had any luck at all..

was thinking about plucking one out and taking it to radio shack. they could prolly order it or something.

Ive just been using them for parts for my other rc cars.  so far ive just used the wheelie bar off one.

thinking about junking them or seomthing.  I'd try to sell but i dont think any one would buy this crap