Author Topic: Eliminator Steering Fix  (Read 4659 times)

2jzforme

• Copper Level
Eliminator Steering Fix
« on: May 04, 2011, 18:58:57 »
Hi guys, names Kevin im new to the fourm!!! Wanted to know if anyone here has tackeled the steering on an Eliminator or a Bandit before. The steeing on my truck dosnt work in any direction.
Let me tell yall what i did.
I took the steering motor out and touched it to a 9v battery, it spins. I think the truck isnt sending a signal or voltage somewhere. The steering box has a crazy looking 4 prong terminal that i dont know any thing about.
Red and yellow wire going to the motor...anyone know the voltage specs?

2jzforme

• Copper Level
Re: Eliminator Steering Fix
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 21:48:15 »
Bump!

Im going to start replacing wires, ill let everyone know what i come up with. If anyone cares anyway.

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 09:33:53 »
sounds like you blown somthing on the board  :(
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

2jzforme

• Copper Level
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 20:22:29 »
Hey, thanks for replying!. Ya maybee, nothing visablie melted or blown though. The wires coming off the board going to the steering are unbelivabley small. Going to try and figure out the guage and replace with new first. Im tempted to buy a working truck and swap parts to figure out what it is, but short on $ at the moment! DAM! really want to re live they experience and drive it like i did 15 years ago.

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 03:28:19 »
ill take some inside pics taking of my bitsa 1 and get them posted soon for you if you want
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

2jzforme

• Copper Level
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 19:11:35 »
ya sure, will that help me?

2jzforme

• Copper Level
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 22:07:51 »
Alright, figured out the problem!! I traced the board from the steering motor down to a cap, tested it. Then went on to the Integrated Circut. 2 of the 6 inverter chanels where bad. I was able to un solder it and replace it, the I replaced all the wire going to the steering components. Got to drive it today!! Awesome! Need to get a fresh battery though, probely get a NI-MH for longer burn times!

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 23:10:57 »
very nice!
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"