Author Topic: Fallout 3  (Read 5239 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Fallout 3
« on: May 03, 2009, 11:51:14 »
We went to a birthday party for my niece and before we left I got to try out the latest Fallout game. Character creation is cool, and they even allow you to fully customize your character's face, but I never saw my character's face after that anyway, so I'm not sure I'd really be concerned about how it looks so much next time.

It's been quite a while since I played any FPS games from the beginning, so I'm not sure if this is standard or not, but this one reminds me a lot of Half-Life. Everything is calm at first while you get used to things and then stuff starts happening. It's kind of cool to see things through baby eyes and the style of that First Book is really fitting.

I definitely liked how the action is in Fallout 3 from what I've seen. For those familiar with the original Fallout games, Fallout 3 still has action points for handling attacks if you want to see the combat in slow motion, but things can be handle in real-time action like other FPS games too, so it's cool that the game allows you to do either one. You don't have to choose the style ahead of time either, so it's not like you're stuck with one choice once you make it. Each combat situation can be handled differently. I think it actually makes the combat very interesting and intense.

Well... I didn't get very far in the time that I was able to play the game, so I can't comment on much more about it, other than the language. The game is rated M (Mature 17+) but that's surely not just for action, since there are several characters who you will hear cussing.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Fallout 3
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 21:09:57 »
What system did you play it on??  PS3?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 21:12:35 »
It was on XBox. I'm pretty sure that game is available for PS3 though.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 22:46:40 »
I was checking out some more stuff about the PS3 and Fallout 3 online today and noticed that Fallout 3 has been nominated for 5 major "game of the year" awards! Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to have any online game play... so nothing for me to enjoy with friends.  :(

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 21:20:03 »
Online...I'll say it again..is ALSO overrated.  Enjoy the games and consider the online functionality a plus.