Author Topic: Best Online PS3 Games  (Read 11937 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Best Online PS3 Games
« on: July 06, 2009, 01:24:47 »
I already know Wyldwing has reminded us that "online play is overrated," but I'm still looking for one. My brother, Tim (aka Derelicte), already has a PS3 had has played GTA 4 to death so he's ready to find something new. I was looking at some game reviews on GameSpot and I couldn't help but notice the awesome graphics on Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. If you haven't seen them, check this out:

(More at http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/callofduty4modernwarfare/images/0/1/?tag=thumbs_below;thumb;1)

Anyway, Tim says that he wants to get a new game when I get my PS3 that we can play online together. Something new (because he doesn't want to get completely destroyed online by someone who has been playing the game forever), so I'm thinking it needs to be a 2009 release.

Because of that requirement, I'm wondering if anyone here has played KillZone 2? The review on GameSpot said this: "PlayStation 3 owners looking for a shooter to keep them busy for the rest of 2009 and beyond need look no further: The fierce action will keep you glued to your television screen for some time to come." However, I've looked at the screenshots and it all seems very dark (tough to make out details of anything). Modern Warfare 2 [sans the Call of Duty moniker] is expected out in the fall. I'm thinking that might be the best choice... wait for Modern Warfare 2.

What do you think?

By the way... I still don't have a PS3 yet... but I'm getting one soon.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Best Online PS3 Games
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 20:32:52 »
Yeah right....soon meaning before 2010?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 14:49:03 »
Before my next birthday.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

derelicte

• Silver Level
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 18:14:04 »
Those graphics are awesome. I've heard a lot of people talk about that game. Bet it's good. But definitely wanna get something when it first comes out.

I'd tell you to get GTA 4 but you wouldn't want to play online against me. LOL
GTA 4 isn't a flawless game, though. Has some online glitches that bug me.

A man's perception creates his own reality.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 13:33:00 »
I think your placing too much emphasis on getting a 'new' game. Anyone that plays shooters for years will be able to mop the floor with someone who has not. Even on the first day it comes out.
I would invest in a game that has elements that you both like, either guns or swords and spells, 1940 or 2009. Once you have the setting you like, find a game that has good reviews and go for it.
I think KillZone would be a severe let down at first, just the few words you said about it from the review give me the impression that if you are a first person junkie, you'll like killing everyone in this game.
Just my thoughts on the issue.

Oh, and Dragon, 'better make sure you get that honey dew list done, I'm sure the reward will be attained a lot sooner.'

;D

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 14:29:26 »
I've played a couple different version of Call of Duty before, at a friend's house. I definitely like those games. That one that I mentioned above has some great reviews and the theme/elements appeal to my interests.

ragingwookie

• Bronze Level
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 13:05:58 »
COD 4 is a great on-line game but to be honest after I leveled up all my guns, I usually only do private matches. The d-bag factor is 10+ on that game in particular on both XBL and PSN.

Resident Evil 5 has a great on-line Co-op mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rZlqD2IW50

I don't know if you like fighters but I've been playing BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger on-line since it came out last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTVKxifnc-s

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 17:47:42 »
Dragon,

One of the AWESOMEST  ??? features of the PS3 is that you can download demos of games before you buy FREEE!! 

I actually have the Killzone 2 demo.  Why not come over and I'll let you play it to see if you like it!! 

Reading the reviews online helps me greatly to determine whether or not to plunk down hard earned dough on a game.  Demos allow me to try things that didn't rate well in OTHER's opinions...but that I think I will still enjoy!!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 23:35:14 »
Sounds like fun. We'll have to find some time to do that.

NickJones

• Copper Level
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 02:01:54 »
I love playing games on my PS3 ....
Mostly racing games .. and Crysis :)