Author Topic: Bootleggers  (Read 11567 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Bootleggers
« on: July 28, 2009, 11:19:49 »
I'd like to have you guys over sometime soon to play Bootleggers. It's a cool game, but I think we'd want 4-6 players for it, since it doesn't seem like there would be enough action with 3. It's not a game my wife is interested in.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Re: Bootleggers
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 13:12:42 »
Any time...
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 10:47:16 »
I'm interested.

Let me know when the 'product' is ready to 'ship'.
I'll fire up the General Lee and race circles around Boss Hogg.
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 17:09:46 »
Is that what your new car is? A convertible General Lee?

Would tomorrow evening be feasible? I'm going to try to get ahold of "The Unnamable" Chris to see if he is interested/available.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

the unnamable

• Bronze Level
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 17:19:47 »
ill be there what time

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 17:30:58 »
Awesome.  I'll be there at the usual ~6ish.  :)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 19:48:25 »
Cool! Yeah, sometime around 6PM should be good.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 13:29:30 »
Ouch, Thursdays are golf day for me.
If it rains I may be able to swing on by around 5:30p. That may give me time to read up on the rules a bit beforehand.
However, it doesn't look like it's going to rain in Odessa, we play at Nine Eagles golf course.

The General Lee is the name of the car that the Luke brothers drove their bootleg moonshine around in for Uncle Jessie. It was a show called the Dukes of Hazzard.

I do have a newer car though, and yes, it's a convertible.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 14:33:43 »
I was wondering if you still had a regular golf thing going. I guess if I don't see you before 6PM I'll assume you're golfing. What time do you return from golfing?

I read on your profile that you had a convertible. I was just curious about the General Lee because I noticed your new avatar looks like it might be a new convertible Dodge Charger and thought maybe that was what you got.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 15:18:41 »
Usually golf ends after 8pm.
It is pouring rain at the moment here at work. I have withdrawn my name from playing today.
Now I just have to clear it with the wife. Shouldn't be a problem.

I have a silver and black 2004 Chrysler Sebring. The avatar picture is my dream car, a 2009 Dodge Challenger. Until I get about $45,000 together, just a dream.   *sigh*

I should be at your place around 6pm.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 16:24:07 by tampamac2002 »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 01:22:28 »
Thanks for coming over guys. Hopefully we can get together next Wednesday to play Bootleggers again.

Congratulations on your win Mac!

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 09:53:19 »
Thank you. I could have been thwarted a couple times there at the end, luckily, I was able to slip past the police and sell my 'shine for a righteous price. Those people in the last speakeasy must have been might thirsty.

I enjoyed the game and look forward to another game night. It sounds like every other Wednesday will work, and the next one is movie night.

I have no idea where Wlyder lives, or what time to get there, so a little info would go a long way.

Mac

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 12:40:36 »
Hmm... while I don't feel comfortable giving out Wyldwing's address over the forum, I have no problem posting a link to where he originally gave it...
 ;D

http://users.boardnation.com/~dragon76n/index.php?board=11;action=display;threadid=440

It's about half-way down the page.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 18:24:32 »
You....bastard!!!

Just kidding!

For all those who are coming:

2998 Farnham Way
Clearwater, FL  33761

(727)785-4442.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 23:51:05 »
Wow, that was an interesting thread to jump back in time to. I read through it and laughed a little about something that happened at that event.  ;)