Radio Control and Models > General RC

RC Advice?

(1/3) > >>

Ernie:
My 14yr old son loves RC's...with the short time remaining before Xmas, I am kinda sorta hoping to get him one. Can anyone recommend a non-inet based place where I can go look for decent ones around $20?

Alternatively...my son also is a 1st chair something or another inband (he plays Xylophone, Rings, Chain, Drums, etc...)...I was going to pick up a gift certificate at Sam Ash (his fave store) but I fear $50 may not be enough...he asked "Santa" last night for a multi chord electric piano/keyboard.

Any advice on that?

performerrpm:
there not awhole lot of decent ones sold now a days for 20 bucks, really even the new bright stuff that wal mart carries now days for 50 isnt really a bargain, your best bet would be to get on ebay and look at nikko radio control or tyco, usually you can find a good used or new in box nikko rc for for reasonable money - under 50 bucks - that will last along time, what got me buying tycos again was last christmas i bought 2 of my sons a couple new bright rs's and both were messed up by new years after 4-5 times of use, in the house even.

czstycor/c:
so your son is a percussionist. well 50 bucks might get him some nice drum sticks. but i would say 75 to be safe.

as for an r/c car. look more into older nikko's and radioshack's. TYCO's will be out of your price range.

unless you want a used tyco, i have a yellow fast traxx that in the spirit of christmas i'd sell cheap, but it needs cleaned up, which i'd try to do.

scorcher:
ye czstycor/c / performerrpm are right wont get much for 20 bucks thats a generous offer czstycor/c  for a fast traxx

got this at wall mart looks the part for 19bucks Ford F-150 6v block isit big yes is it fast no
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ford-F-150-Radio-Controlled-Vehicle/15410907

czstycor/c:
not saying i would go as low as 20 but forty probably.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version