Radio Control and Models > General RC

Radio shack road phantom 4wd: hobby conversion

<< < (2/6) > >>

Tyco Bandit King:
Yeah man let me know what you wanna work on, I love modifying the old cars to haul ass.

stussels:
pm'd

kimsbored:
Nice work with the conversion, do you have any more pics of how you used the larger pinions? and are they 48p?

Tyco Bandit King:
I haven't taken any but I can tell you all I had to do was drill through the holes on the motor mount where it originally was used to mount to the transmission. The holes line right up with a 540/550 motor. When I drilled them at first I put a factory sized 10t pinion on and thought it was strange because it didn't even touch the spur gear even tho it was stock size. So I went with the biggest possible gear that i thought would still fit which was a 13t. The mesh was too tight so I opened up the mounting holes to shift the motor slightly outward and now the mesh is perfect.

Since the gears are 32 pitch they actually hold up well to full throttle punches

moonchild61501:
I have a question for yuh, I just picked up a road phantom and it doesn't work. ive already tested the motors and they do work...seems the circuit boards fried. the only issues I have are 1-the AA terminals in the car are corroded and covered in acid, can that be replaced? 2-if the steering servo works, do I need to replace it? also wondering I have a 9.6v hummer (nikko) that is on its last leg sadly.....could I swap its electronics into the road phantom and use it that way if it worked?

sorry for the 20 questions but I just got into rc as a hobby, well more the hobby grade end of rc...nikko, tyco....well they don't make cool fast cars anymore. so on to the next best thing.

I know its not cost effective to throw in the ballpark of 300 to revamp a toy grade car, but from what I saw you had done to yours I think it worth it!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version