General Category > General Discussions

Be careful with long posts

(1/2) > >>

Dragon:
This is just another reminder that if you're writing a long message, you might want to make sure that you have the "Stay Logged In" option selected when you sign in. Otherwise you're time might run out while you're writing your post.

If you happen to forget about that and you get a login box after pressing the "Post" or "Preview" button, just hit the Back button on your browser and copy your message to Notepad or Word because after you login that message box will be blank.

TylerChuit:
I've actually been having a problem with posts that go longer than the message box.  They keep scrolling up so I can't see what I'm typing.  It's happened on my computer at home.  I'm using IE8 if that makes any difference.

Dragon:
Ok. I'll try to see out what's going on with that.

(Update) Hmmm.... looks like IE8 needs to be in Compatibility-mode to work properly here. You can turn it on either for all sites or just for this site, but that should fix the problem. You can add this site through Tools > Compatibility View Settings. Add dragonhobbies.com (no S on the end of Dragon)

TylerChuit:
Cool, thanks.

Dragon:
No problem. Thanks for bringing it up. I hadn't noticed it was an issue before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version