Author Topic: Turbo Hopper from my childhood  (Read 4429 times)

XiBowhunter

• Copper Level
Turbo Hopper from my childhood
« on: February 18, 2015, 15:00:23 »
When I was a kid, my parents bought me a Tyco Turbo Hopper for Christmas one year.  I LOVED that RC car.  I wore the back tires down bald, bought new ones, and wore those down too.  I played with that RC car all the time.

Now, I have a child of my own, and she has taken interest in a very cheap RC car my parents bought her for Christmas.

I have LOST the Turbo Hopper from my youth.  I really wish I still had it.  It was one of the earlier versions (I think) that ran off of AA-batteries instead of the 9.6v battery pack.

If anyone here has one they would like to sell, I would love to hear from you.

My question is, what kind of price should I look at spending to get a Turbo Hopper back in my possession?  I would just love to get my daughter out and play with our RC's together.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Turbo Hopper from my childhood
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 19:59:31 »
Hi XiBowHunter, first of all, welcome to the forum.

You might get lucky finding one of those in a thrift shop, but most likely you'll have to check eBay where things tend to get a bit pricey for old Tyco stuff since they seem to be considered more like collectible antiques than rather than broken old toys. For example, one auction on eBay has a non-working Turbo Hopper for $25. If you know how to work on these r/c cars, you might find something like this to be an easy fix, but if you are looking for a cheap toy in good condition, I think you'll be disappointed. I wouldn't be surprised if you paid more than $50 for one... And even that is probably on the low end.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)