Author Topic: 1980's RC Toy Ads Tyco Nikko Radio Shack Sears Lobo Shinsei & More  (Read 2700 times)

Mark

• Bronze Level
Here are some pics from old ads and catalogs for a lot of classic 80's and 90's rc cars and trucks

Tyco Bandit
Tamiya Quick Drives

Nikko Ferrari
Nikko Dictator

Radio Shack even had spare parts

« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 18:14:45 by Mark »

Mark

• Bronze Level
Re: 1980's RC Toy Ads Tyco Nikko Radio Shack Sears Lobo Shinsei
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 00:06:09 »

Radio Shack Golden Arrow and Red Arrow

Radio Shack Black Phantom

Sears Lobo

Tyco Fast Traxx, Nikko Porsche 959

Nikko F10 Rhino

Panda Danny Thompson Stadium Truck and Stocker

Tyco Heads Up Hopper

Radio Shack Sonic Thunder Truck

Tyco Bandit
Tyco Blaster
Tyco Typhoon Hover Craft
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 00:29:43 by Mark »

Mark

• Bronze Level
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 00:19:17 »
Tyco Turbo Outlaw
Tyco Turbo Hopper
Tyco Lamborghini Countach
Nikko Thunder Bolt
Nikko Turbo Aero

Radio Shack Wild Runner 4WD and 4WS

Sears 4x4 Lobo
High Roller Camaro

Tyco Turbo Bandit

Nikko Dandy Dash

Radio Shack Turbo Porsche

Radio Shack Malibu

Vintage Radio Shack Batteries, these bring back memories

Nikko Dictator

Tyco 9.6V Turbo Hopper

I miss posting in an actual forum compared to todays facebook groups. It's unfortunate how much we've lost in r/c history on the internet since these facebook groups are the new norm in a lot of fields. Google search results use to be plentiful with pictures and links to great material. So here's my little contribution to the way things use to be and thanks to dragonhobbies.com for still being here to allow this to happen, I will try to make more post in the future.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 00:51:41 by Mark »

Mark

• Bronze Level
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 00:28:04 »
Tyco 4WD Turbo Racing Pickup

Tyco Eliminator

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Hey Mark! Very cool! Thanks for sharing your photos! I have a collection of old Tyco catalogs that I should get scanned in and posted here too.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Mark

• Bronze Level
Yup I love taking a trip down memory lane looking at that these old ads. I've watched some old catalogs on ebay but they tend to go for a lot of money. Its interesting to me to see some of the USA stuff that had Tyco Nikko and other toy grade stuff along with Hobby grade Tamiya, never saw that as a kid in Canada.

Dragon did you ever see that Tyco 4WD Turbo racing pickup truck for sale back in the day, do you know how much it was back then?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
I never saw one of those trucks. I know the regular 2WD Tyco Bandit was around $60 and the Tyco Lamborghini was around $90 at Toys R Us in the mid-'90s, which seemed really expensive to me at that point.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)