Author Topic: Happy Forty-Eye-Tis Birthday  (Read 2659 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Happy Forty-Eye-Tis Birthday
« on: September 13, 2022, 22:02:10 »
Well... I finally got reading glasses, the week of my birthday. I guess I've probably been needing them, at least a little bit, for a while now. It's not that big of a deal for me. I can still see fine at a distance. The eye doctor says I still have better than 20/20 vision, it's just my close range vision is declining some. After explaining that sometimes I have to hold things out at arms length to read it, he said, "Ah, yes. You have forty-eye-tis. Your eyes stop being as quick to adjust after forty." I asked the eye doctor about getting those reading glasses that they sell in the pharmacy and he mentioned that it would probably be fine for me to just get the +125 glasses there, which is what he wrote on my prescription for glasses. He said I don't need bifocals, considering I'm sitting at a computer all day. I'll just need them for reading up close, not anything else. When I looked in the Pharmacy section it looked like they had the Blue Filtering lenses with +1.25, so I'm guessing that's the same thing that the doctor mentioned, and I figured with the blue light that comes from the computer screen, that's probably best for me. I'm used to wearing sunglasses outside all the time anyway, this is just a little different visually, but having them on doesn't feel weird. I'm also thankful that my eyesight is still this good, which especially considering my career, could have had me in glasses a decade earlier. I mentioned it to some people I work with and my manager said, "I just keep get bigger monitors."
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)