Gaming > Table-top Games

Dominion

(1/5) > >>

Wyldwing:
Well... I'm glad you resurrected your old thread since I got this game as a Christmas present. (Thanks again Chris!!)

I read through the rules tonight and looked through most of the cards. Although I haven't played it yet, I think I can say with confidence that this game is something we will have a lot of fun playing. The 25 decks of cards are all optional, as you only use 10 decks per game and I don't think that they will make the game too complicated... it would just give us some more options to play with.

I also noticed that Dominion already has an expansion out which adds some new decks, which should increase the variety of gameplay.

(I tried to use as much of Nathaniel's post as possible...call it...digital recycling).

Wyldwing:
Just finished my first game of Dominion with Kamryn and Wendy.  They both enjoyed it and I had a lot of fun.  Can't wait to play it with you guys...it is (rightfully so) limited to 4 players.  But a very cool game.

Wyldwing:
There are actually two expansions out for this game.  The first one will expand the experience to up to 6 players!!  I will have to wait on purchasing Seaside, but I will be calling Patrick and Tim to find out how the 6 player version works for them.  Sometimes adding that ability changes the game into something that isn't fun anymore...can't imagine that with Dominion...but I'll find out.  Unfortunately, Emerald City doesn't carry Intrigue.  I'd have to order it online.

Dominion: Intrigue
Dominion: Intrigue adds rules for playing with up to 8 players at two tables or for playing a single game with up to 6 players. This game adds 25 new Kingdom cards and a complete set of Treasure and Victory cards. The game can be played alone by players experienced in Dominion or with the basic game of Dominion.

Dominion: Seaside
All you ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by. And someone who knows how to steer ships using stars. You finally got some of those rivers you'd wanted, and they led to the sea. These are dangerous, pirate-infested waters, and you cautiously send rat-infested ships across them, to establish lucrative trade at far-off merchant-infested ports.

First, you will take over some islands, as a foothold. The natives seem friendly enough, crying their peace cries, and giving you spears and poison darts before you are even close enough to accept them properly. When you finally reach those ports you will conquer them, and from there you will look for more rivers. One day, all the rivers will be yours.

This is the 2nd addition to Dominion. It adds 26 new Kingdom cards. Its central theme is your next turn; there are cards that do something this turn and next, cards that set up your next turn, and other ways to step outside of the bounds of a normal turn.

Dominion: Seaside is an expansion to both Dominion and Dominion: Intrigue. As such, it does not contain material for a complete game. Specifically, it does not include the Treasure, Victory, Curse, or Trash cards. Thus, you will need either the base game or Intrigue to play with this expansion and have experience playing Dominion with either of the first two games. It is designed to work with either or both of these sets, and any future expansions that may be published.

TylerChuit:
I saw the Seaside expansion in the store.  I personally have enough trouble keeping track of what I'm doing in my current turn of Dominion, much less trying to remember what I'm supposed to do later. ::)

the unnamable:
i just picked up a copy of dominion alcamey i have had a copy of dominion for a cople of weeks now i have played a cople of games now and my friends seem to like it i have only looked over the alcamey cards and cant wait to play with them

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version