Gaming > Table-top Games

Dominion

<< < (2/5) > >>

TylerChuit:
This begs two questions...  1. What kind of stuff is in the Alchemy expansion?  2. Why have you never invited your one group of gaming friends to game with your other group of gaming friends? :'(  Ashamed of us?

the unnamable:
1-well the card that stand out the most is possession it lets you take control of the player to you lefts turn and gain any cards he buys and there potions that are a new form of money that some cards cost
2- i have been trying
i am going to have another gaming session with them Monday or Tuesday any of you are welcome to join

TylerChuit:
I'm transcribing this from an episode of "The Dice Tower" podcast ep. 169.  It was a house variant suggested by a guy named John Simmers to the Dice Tower guys, and I thought it was intriguing given our recent discovery of Dominion.

--------------------------------------------

"This variant plays exactly like normal Dominion, but the setup is different, and the whole turn-out depends on it.

"Instead of randomizing the kingdom cards or using a prescribed 10-card setup, players take turns choosing supply cards.  The catch is though, that only the player choosing those cards will get to use them... except for one anyway.

"So, here's how it looks.  Player-A flips through the randomizers... until he finds the supply he wants.  He takes that card and puts it in front of him.  Player-B picks a different card and puts it in front of him.  If there are more players they each do the same thing.

"This continues until each player has four cards representing the supply piles before them.  Players will have exclusive rights to buy from these.  No one else will be able to, but there's a balancer here because one card's rights will be revoked.

"As the next step, each player will secretly choose a card from the person to their left.  When everybody is ready, someone says 'go' and all players simultaneously point to one card in front of the player to their left.  That card/supply pile is pulled into the center.

"So when you're ready to start, each player will have 3 supply piles in front of them that no one else can buy from, plus supply piles in the middle from which everyone can buy equal to the number of players in the game."

(As stated above, the rest of the rules stay the same.)
-----------------------------------------

I thought this sounded interesting.  I'm not saying we need to try this for our event, especially since there are a bunch of cards I've never even seen.  I'm just putting this post up as a reminder for when you're looking to mix things up and try something new.

If you want the tips on possible strategy construction that followed, I suggest listening to the free podcast which you can find at www.thedicetower.com, or download it from iTunes.

Wyldwing:
Very Interesting!!!

Dragon:
Yeah, that does sound cool, although I'm not yet familiar with much of Dominion in the first place. It's a fun game... something I'm definitely interested in trying more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version