Author Topic: wtb tyco bandit  (Read 7849 times)

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
wtb tyco bandit
« on: January 22, 2010, 20:52:57 »
doesnt have to be in the box or mint just in good condition mainly the body. just lookin for my 2 eliminators some company
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

scorcher

• Platinum Level
Re: wtb tyco bandit
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 13:36:20 »
theres a nice outlaw for sale on ebay now a little pricey if u got that sort of money tho its mint

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-tyco-outlaw-super-cool_W0QQitemZ230425853552QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Control_Vehicles?hash=item35a6737e70
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 03:09:36 »
yea theres actually 2 single ones and then a pair listed, look pretty cool but being 6 aa battery operated i  bet they dont compare to the bandit or eliminators. started buy the 2-3 bandit trucks that were on over last week and make one good one
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 04:17:12 »
oh ye its a mini then didnt kno they did a mini version im sure the big 1 took a 9.6v and 2aa in the engine
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 21:25:47 »
bandit found....tanx bandit01
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

bandit01

• Bronze Level
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 21:35:42 »
no problem

bandit01

• Bronze Level
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 23:28:12 »
did you get it yet?

tommy tek

• Silver Level
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 11:40:01 »
  Hi guys, it seems that the bandit is a  popular tyco car.Its like everybodys favorite but the chasis is identical to the blasters and hoppers etc...but on ebay they fetch a hefty price even more than blasters and some hoppers,Why is that?Is it because everybody had one as a child?
      The fast tarxx holds a special place in my heart because ever since i was a foster child i always wanted one but never got one not until recent years.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 11:52:21 »
I'm sure it has something to do with marketing. The Bandit was always cool to me as a kid. It was so awesome when I finally got one... even though the gears got stripped out really quickly in the one I had. I used to drive it in the back yard around a dirt track that reminded me of the ones set up for the commercials. Plus, for me, it was black, which is my favorite color.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 17:29:09 »

ive wondered that same question, i wanted one when i was a kid but couldnt get one i looked on ebay a few years back and bid on a newly listed one -at the time- bid like 100 bucks for one in the box figured that was a hi price to pay but owell i wanted it........week later email from ebay said sorry you didnt win.  went to ebay to see what happen and was shocked to see someone not only outbid me but 2-3 people bid it up over 200 bucks, it was new unused but stil, it was 55 new when i had seen them at walmart.

to be honest i think the value is pretty much because the guy who had them as kids,

hey did you all see the 1988 tyco nissan 4x4 that was on a few weeks ago? was white red and blue i think. same body as bandit even the spare tire and headache bar just different color scheme ran off 8 aa batteries before the b packs time i guess. guy wanted 150 but bidding ended at 71 bucks id lie to had it and figured it would sell for alot more being so close to the bandit but nope
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 21:09:55 »

i just finished checkin out the bandit  i bought from bandit01, man these little trucks are cool for what they are. i think the eliminator will spank the bandits in hi gear but the bandit will pull a wheelie in hi gear the eliminator only in low

i seen a broken twin turbo aero hopper on ebay,, no remote was thinking......wonder how much faster they are than the trucks and how cool it would be to put a bandit body on there
it is also all wheel drive
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

tommy tek

• Silver Level
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 11:28:18 »
   I have had 3 twinturbo aero hoppers and they are one of the fastest rc tyco makes.Thers no comparing the bandit to the TT aero hopper.The only thing you gotta watch out for is the reverse gear gets stripped real easy.Two reverse gears got stripped in my aero hoppersits a shame both times it happened in the grass.Man i miss that thing hopefully it works if you win the auction.I have had a couple of the super hoppers that where 4 wheel drive twinturbo and the tt aero hopper spanked it bad,in fact the 4wd super hopper isnt that much faster than the reg hopper so dont waste your money.
    If you are bidding $60 and over on used tycos and such you should really consider getting a tamiya tamtech,they are hobby grade and very affordable,very abusable and come with a full range of hop-up parts.You could get one for $69 shipped right now on ebay.Let me know what you think?I was hoping i would get some comments on them but alot of people are shy on this site,dont know why.

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 23:08:38 »
just stumbled onto another scorpion tracks on ebay...man that guy wants 300 bucks for it and the tracks are stretched. rest of its ok i guess mine is in better shape and also has the box like his, altho he has the original rechargeable aa batteries and ac adapter still if he gets even half that iam selling my 30 dollar investment
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator