Author Topic: What's up?  (Read 7501 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
What's up?
« on: June 12, 2008, 03:04:18 »
Hey guys, what's up? What do we need to do to get some activity here? Any suggestions?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: What's up?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 17:28:12 »
I've been away awhile.   :-[

I miss you guys.

Ready to re-start game night?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 19:35:55 »
I'd like to get something going with you guys. I'd at least like to get back into the Descent campaign.

Blain and Candice have come over to our place a couple weeks ago on Saturday night. Last weekend and this weekend they were on preparing and away on vacation and once they return I'm not sure if this is a long-term plan or what. If it is, I hope that you guys can make it for some gaming at least on an occasional Saturday night. Games that we've played in the past with them are Blokus, Wits & Wagers, Settlers, Masterpiece, Acquire, San Juan, Sleuth, and Clue. I have also played StarCraft: The Board Game with Blain once and he seems interested in heavier games.

Unfortunately right now, finances are tight (really tight right now because SPC forgot to submit some paperwork for my VA GI Bill to come in this month, so I got a check for about $70 when I was expecting around $1G. If nothing else, we should plan a time to get on Brettspielwelt together.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 20:54:43 »
I like that idea.

But I have a friend from Cali visiting.  Mark.  Not a hardcore gamer, but not a beginner either.  In the middle.  He'll be here from 7/1 to 7/7.  COuld you break away at some point?

Details later!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 01:12:57 »
Which idea was it that you liked? Coming here on Saturday night or gaming online?

I'm not exactly sure what next week is going to be like at this point. We've got a potential birthday party, a holiday to celebrate, and a heavy load of school work for me. Of course I'd like to join you, but unfortunately I can't make any definite plans for it at this point. When you get more details, let me know and I'll see if I can fit it in.