Author Topic: who here knows bout upgrading tycos  (Read 2924 times)

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
who here knows bout upgrading tycos
« on: February 17, 2010, 22:24:58 »

hate to crowd the forum up but.....wth.

just wondering if say someone wanted to due without all the tyco electronics in a bandit which esc would you use along with servo and does the hobby grade esc also control the servo ?
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

scorcher

• Platinum Level
Re: who here knows bout upgrading tycos
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 05:16:50 »
hi mate if u wanted to use a hobby esc u would need a reciever that is what controls the servo and most escs can only handle 8.4v at the most altho i have seen a few people using 9.6v packs and have been fine i would go for the cheapest 10 scale esc u can get meaning its only a 370 motor in him the cheapest would be more than enough power for that and it wont break the bank if it did go pop but u would most probs have to have a hobby servo too so get a micro 1.5kg torque will do the jot hope ive help ;D
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
Re: who here knows bout upgrading tycos
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 21:30:58 »
would there possibly be another faster motor that could be put in it fairy easy? iam thinking of ending the auction for the black bandit i have so i can uses it parts to fix one of the nicer bandit and the black -project bandit- is a prime candidate for this since the chassis a bit rough and it has no stickers.
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator