Gaming > Conquest Of The Empire Online

The Return of Conquest

(1/13) > >>

Dragon:
It's been nearly 5 years since I developed my first web-based game - Conquest. Earlier this year I had been talking with TylerChuit about creating another web-based game, however, I haven't made much progress on that yet this year. Due to some interesting situations at work, and some discussions with my wife, I've had a little extra time this week and managed to uncover most of the Conquest game in my backup archive. I've spent a little time restoring the files and correcting some coding problems that made the old code incompatible with current requirements, but aside from that, the game is pretty much right where it was 5 years ago. I know it's not anything that was planned, but I decided that it might give me a bit of a catalyst to get back into the web-based gaming thing again and try to learn from my previous mistakes.

Before the game is made available to everyone on the site, I'll still need to update the user verification. Once that is complete, anyone with an active account on the forum will be allowed to participate in the games. I hope you are as interested in this as I am, since I had always planned to make the game available to the public for any players interested, on an open enrollment basis instead of the "invitation only" method that I was using back when the system crashed.  

By the way, TylerChuit was our previous champion of the game. I don't remember his exact stats, but I do know that he had participated in many games while the system was running before, and he had won most of the games that I remember seeing him in.

TylerChuit:
Great to hear that it's coming back!  I'm very excited about being able to play games with you guys again.  Especially since Robo Runner was such a bust.

Not to give away all my secrets, but I would credit my high win rate on alliances.  A lot of times I would get stuck in one of the land locked areas and would have to ally with the other land locked player to survive. :-*

That, and there might have been an exploit involving moving a general with one army, then transferring the general to another army to move him his second space.  Each individual soldier and general had their own counter as to how many spaces they had moved.  Just something you might want to look into before relaunch. :-[

Dragon:
Generals are allowed to move two spaces, even though infantry can only move one, so that is a legal move in the game. Where it wouldn't be legal is if a general moved a space and then got on a ship that moved. I believe that may have been an earlier exploit in the system but I'm pretty sure is corrected with this version.

I hope to relaunch the game soon, once I make some modifications for it to work with the current login system. Once the game has been relaunched, I hope that you will let me know if you come across any exploits. In addition, I will try to make other improvements to the game, including features that allow transferring captured generals for ransom.

TylerChuit:
So is it okay for infantry A to move with general A one territory, then have infantry B and cavalry A move with general A one territory, then have cavalry A move with general B one territory?

Dragon:
Yes, that's legal. When my uncle first introduced me to COTE, he showed me those kinds of moves. That's one reason why each combat unit needs to keep track of their own movement points, even though they aren't allowed to move without a General.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version