General Category > General Discussions

Favorite Quote of the Day

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ernie:
Losing an illusion makes you wiser than finding a truth.  ~Ludwig Börne

czstycor/c:
"If there is no such thing as a stupid question, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

tampamac2002:
Here are a few of my favorites. They go back quite a ways, yet, to me are still relevant.

George Washington, one of our founding fathers.

"Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder."
-- George Washington

"I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."
-- George Washington

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
-- George Washington

General Robert E. Lee, Confederate General. Born a yankee, I find it ironic that I am right in step with each of the below quotes.

???Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.??? 
-- Robert E. Lee

"I think it better to do right, even if we suffer in so doing, than to incur the reproach of our consciences and posterity."
-- Robert E. Lee

"Obedience to lawful authority is the foundation of manly character."
-- Robert E. Lee

"My chief concern is to try to be an humble, earnest Christian."
-- Robert E. Lee

"I tremble for my country when I hear of confidence expressed in me. I know too well my weakness, that our only hope is in God."
-- Robert E. Lee

TylerChuit:
This one means alot to me on a very personal, experience based level:

"You really got to hand it to short people... because they often can't reach it."   --Rob Delaney

TylerChuit:
"Whatever is begun in anger, ends in shame."   --Benjamin Franklin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version