Author Topic: Fast Traxx Fabrication  (Read 4342 times)

rebound4by4

• Copper Level
Fast Traxx Fabrication
« on: December 10, 2010, 20:47:48 »
I need help fabricating a battery cover for my several Fast Traxx. I have bought all my Fast Traxx RC vehicles used, not online or ebay, so they didn't come with a description of mint condition or NIB. Every one of my Fast Traxx don't have their battery cover. Duct tape has worked, but it is a temporary fix. Is there a website that i can by a battery cover? Looking for any ideas to fabricate a battery cover??

http://myworld.ebay.com/roadstar24/  I love the fact of how many Tyco Fans are on this forum!!
I am a huge fan of Tyco, Vintage Radio Shack & other vintage RC cars.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 17:42:16 by rebound4by4 »

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
Re: Fast Traxx Fabrication
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 20:54:20 »
i havent seen any new covers you can buy yet anywhere, i seen one made that looked pretty good by a guy here that would be your best bet, if you have a jig saw and some time you could make one out of some thin sheet metal or aluminum, you would wanna make it as one piece meaning on one end you would leave a small sqaure tab sticking off boths side to come back with a sanding wheel on a dremel to round the tabs into pegs to work as the hinge, lum would be better for this because you could squeeze it enuff that it bowes enuff to get the pegs in the ring of the fast traxx chassis

thats my take on it
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 23:55:45 »
velcro works well. and it you actually want to put doors on it then it doesn't leave anything behind.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

rebound4by4

• Copper Level
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 06:34:15 »
Here are two pics of the current Fabrication. Thanks, velcro worked!!

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 17:30:38 by rebound4by4 »

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 09:44:33 »
your pictures dont show up! haha
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

rebound4by4

• Copper Level
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 17:48:16 »
Thanks for the heads up, haha. The pics showed up on my Firefox browser, which I mainly use. When I pulled up Internet Explorer the pics didn't show up. I changed up how the pics where posted. Can you see the pics now??

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 21:23:55 »
yes!!! i'm jealous you have the one yellow fast traxx truck i lack the pink lightening bolt one!

here are some of my door fabrications

no door for fast traxx

broken door used finishing nails

not a fast traxx but here are two for my 4x4 bandit that lacked a door.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 23:33:45 by czstycor/c »

rebound4by4

• Copper Level
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 00:34:46 »
Great fabrications!!  I have a question that would fall more under modification than fabrication. Has anyone modified a Tyco RC from a 6.0volt to a 9.6v or 7.2v pack?

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 00:42:19 »
i certainly haven't i'm not that skilled yet, but some of these other guys who do hobby grade material might know something, i'd say you would need a different circut board to start