Author Topic: My Tyco's  (Read 12095 times)

Mark

• Bronze Level
My Tyco's
« on: October 28, 2008, 08:57:10 »
Just thought I'd share some pictures of my Tyco's. It's the typical story, always wanted a Bandit ever since I saw one in Toys R Us years ago when I was a kid. I never did get the Bandit but I did get Tyco Blaster...but it didn't have that sweet Nissan King Cab truck body 

So years later, I managed to collect two Bandits and two Outlaws. Well the yellow Outlaw is basically a parts car, while the red one is mint. The black/yellow Bandit is missing some stickers, but it in overall excellent shape. On with the pics...

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 11:05:42 by Mark »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: My Tyco's
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 10:11:41 »
Hello Mark, Welcome to DH!

Thanks for posting your photo. It's a great one. Do you have any close ups of the individual vehicles?

By the way, if you're having trouble linking to photos, feel free to attach the photos to your message using the Additional Options found below the message box.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

brokeneliminator

• Silver Level
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 16:01:53 »
Nice trucks man! Last year I had a corral full, now I'm down to 2 trucks and a Lamborghini. I wish I didn't have to sell my red Bandits!
1988 4wd Tyco truck (blue)
2g Bandit (black)
3g Bandit (black)

tyco toys

• Silver Level
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 02:48:03 »
Great collection. All your cars look really clean.   What's wrong with the yellow outlaw?    Just to note, you have the chassis of the outlaws  mixed up.  The  yellow driver  goes with the red car.      Look at the pictures on the box for reference.

MAURBE

• Copper Level
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 21:32:49 »
NICE CARS I LOOKING FOR ONE OUTLAW

tyco toys

• Silver Level
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 23:37:06 »
There are  three outlaws on ebay right now. Two red ones and one yellow one.

Mark

• Bronze Level
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 08:23:01 »
Great collection. All your cars look really clean.   What's wrong with the yellow outlaw?    Just to note, you have the chassis of the outlaws  mixed up.  The  yellow driver  goes with the red car.      Look at the pictures on the box for reference.

I made the all red Outlaw on purpose, I just like the look of it.

The yellow Outlaw is a parts car really, the front tires are hard as a rock and one of the front A-arms is broke off.

Tycoturbohoppers#1

• Bronze Level
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 15:11:04 »
Very nice looking.

Mark

• Bronze Level
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 15:45:40 »
Thanks

I think I'm going to put them up on Ebay after xmas

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 02:41:52 »
Be sure to stop back in and post the links to the auctions if you do that.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Mark

• Bronze Level
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 07:34:33 »
I sure will. Seems strange to sell them thou, I wanted one so bad. I guess I just filled that childhood void and it's time to let them go haha.

I have not seen any Bandits on Ebay for awhile now.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 09:38:48 »
Did you ever take these ones out to play much? After my Bandit got sent back to the store (because the gears stripped within the first month) I never saw another one. I always thought it would be cool to get one again, but of course, they weren't available anywhere at that time. I think if I got one, I'd want one that was at a price where I felt like I could take it out and play with it.

Mark

• Bronze Level
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 10:15:51 »
I never used any of them outside, I only ran them a couple times in my basement. The red Bandit does have a bad low gear, but high gear is smooth. I do have another rear end to go with it, I've connected a battery direct to it's motors wires and it sounds fine in both gears, but I have never had it under load to fully test it so I can not confirm it's 100%

The yellow Bandit works awesome, no problems with it at all, it rips! It is missing stickers on the hood, roof, and on the other side of the truck. But it's a super clean truck all around.

I'm only going to sell the Bandits as a set, they look awesome sitting on the shelf side by side. I also have two 9.6v packs to go with them, one is a Tyco and the other is a New Bright pack, both bought new and only used twice. Both of the trucks tires are nice and soft, they also have lots of tread left.

I have since cleaned and detailed them even more and I will have better pictures when I put them up for sale.

brokeneliminator

• Silver Level
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 14:59:21 »
As a seller of Bandits, I advise that you sell the trucks separately, because people pay less for 2 trucks than each one individually.

BTW, your black/red Bandit looks like one I had last year....you didn't buy it from me, did you?
1988 4wd Tyco truck (blue)
2g Bandit (black)
3g Bandit (black)