Author Topic: Finding my first RC Car TYCO Hopper  (Read 2893 times)

buzz

• Copper Level
Finding my first RC Car TYCO Hopper
« on: May 19, 2011, 18:00:29 »
Hello Guys
throughout my research in the internet I found this forums which is great, congratulations for that at first.

When I was young my mom brought me my first rc as present from a trip to the UK. I used to love that car until it broke and I forgot...
Now I'm trying to get a identical car from the internet, but there are a few difficulties for me. I don't remember too exactly for the model but it should have been a Mini Hopper or Turbo Hopper from the outward appearance. What I know is that it had TYCO stickers on the remote control so that should be clear.
Second thing I know is that it had slots for 4x 1,5V batteries at the bottom and something like a GEAR switch at the lower end of the car.
More i can not remember without any doubt. I will ask my mom tomorrow to look for a photo of that car, maybe there is one to post it here (if my information is too marginal).
Perhaps somebody is able to tell me the differences between the different Hopper versions especially MINI HOPPER and TURBO HOPPER.
Thank you very much for your attention.
Greetings
Buzz

scorcher

• Platinum Level
Re: Finding my first RC Car TYCO Hopper
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 19:51:36 »
the diff is mini is smaller and 4x1.5v the turbo hopper was bigger 8x1.5v or the later 1s had a 9.6v pack and there also twin motor hopper out there if your going to buy 1 there nothing wrong with the mini series tycos but the way to go is the 9.6v hopper if you have only seen a mini 1 when you where young you might be dissapointed at the speed of it now
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021