Author Topic: max hopper  (Read 3825 times)

rodncathstewart

• Copper Level
max hopper
« on: August 14, 2011, 09:46:33 »
so my first offroad RC car was a max hopper when i was a kid and the car i had the most fun with. it went everywhere with me if my mum had sent me to the shop the max hopper would have been driving along in front. so when i decided to trace one down a few years ago it thought it would only take a few weeks haa it took near two years before i seen one on the bay. and that car looked like it had been beat to hell and back but i bought it any way at £20. the next few days i waited for the car to arrive just like a big kid waiting for Christmas morning lol. so when the car turned up it was out of the box in seconds  :D the poor thing was in a really bad state there was battery acid all over the batt compartment and most of the pins had rotted of there was no spoiler and the one of the front swing arms was broken also missing a drive shaft and a front springs the whole thing was thick with dry mud and dust. wow someone had a lot of fun with this thing but i didn't care i still would have paid twice the price for it as it was my childhood hero.
had planned on getting one for the shelf but this was too far gone to fix into a display model so it it was turned into a rwd runner with hobby grade radio gear even with only one of the two motors working as it should it pluged on through the snow ice and mud lol. until about 6 months ago when another one popped up on ebay with a missing bumper and a broken front swing arm but other than that it was mint. looked like it had been hit on its first run out and put back in the box and forgot about. so i paid £30 for it and built my shelf model from it using parts from the first one i had got.

the runner

hardly a mark on the shell

no matter what falls of or brakes i don't stop a run till the battery dies

olds45512

• Silver Level
Re: max hopper
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 10:29:29 »
heres the american version

rodncathstewart

• Copper Level
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 10:35:51 »
i would love one of them too. but had to get the max hopper first.  are they run of a pack or the 8aa.

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 11:00:33 »
it takes the 9.6 pack.

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 15:30:52 »
woody looks like he's gitting his ride jacked in the back alley by the stig and his pals in that 4th pic lol !!!
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

rodncathstewart

• Copper Level
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 19:41:57 »
haha and then THE CLAW THE CLAW came and scooped him up and dumped him in a dark box along with what was left of his RC. maybe buzz and the rest of the crew have busted him out by now lol.  :) :)