Author Topic: TANDY//RADIO SHACK .... TURBO FOX .. TOY TO HOBBY GRADE ..CONVERSION  (Read 42721 times)

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
Re: TANDY//RADIO SHACK .... TURBO FOX .. TOY TO HOBBY GRADE ..CONVERSION
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2010, 15:43:05 »
yeah i've seen stuff like that, how much is that in u.s. dollars? still i got this hot wheels buggie for $35, so since its my fastest im okay, could you however tell me how to take the wheels off and maybe give me a link for back replacement tires? if possible. 

here are some pictures of the newly painted car
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2010, 01:45:30 »
hi bro no problem to get the wheels of you will need to open the gearbox .this sounds a lot of work but its real easy just sepperate the two half;s buy taking out the screws on the  bottom then you must push the wheel down the shaft away from the compression fitting take of the gear at the end of that shaft it is a push fit and your done ,do the same for the other side then  put everything back together , you could always lube your gears and bushings while you have the gearbox open just a thought .lol.. i will check out the size of the tries today and report back  ;) ;D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 02:00:08 by notatoy »

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2010, 02:42:36 »
OHH sorry bro the price in dollers well here is the same car brand new , bear in mind the one i just bought does have alloy upgrades ..  http://www.hobbypeoplestores.com/index.php/review/product/list/id/37108/

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2010, 09:08:39 »
OK  bro i just measured the stock tires  rear only and i get  40 mm inside diameter  55 outer diameter  and the width is 30 mm . not seen any online its hard to locate because they seldom post the tire size on the web sight  your best bet is to take the wheel to your LHS and then you can try them on for size  hope this helps
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 09:15:41 by notatoy »

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2010, 12:44:00 »
haha it does sound like a lot of work. if i ever find a hobby shop near me maybe they could just do it  :) and maybe they could up grade my remote and reciever, i ran it with my brothers black fast traxx truck( 49mhz) and it wuldn't go until he(with the controller or the car got far away. and the car is 27 mhz

i should put a bumper on it too. I thought it would look cool with the tires from my lobo haha having big back wheels.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2010, 13:48:46 »
haha it does sound like a lot of work. if i ever find a hobby shop near me maybe they could just do it  :) and maybe they could up grade my remote and reciever, i ran it with my brothers black fast traxx truck( 49mhz) and it wuldn't go until he(with the controller or the car got far away. and the car is 27 mhz

i should put a bumper on it too. I thought it would look cool with the tires from my lobo haha having big back wheels.
 to be honest bro it is real easy if you give me some time i will do a step buy step tutorial in a seprate thread with pics if that will help hell may be even a video . lol  of course you could try the easy route first dont take the wheels off use a sharp craft knife and cut of the old tires , i have done this before on other r/c as long as you cut them of clean the other rubber should stick just a thought .lol.. ;D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 13:59:36 by notatoy »

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2010, 14:06:02 »
sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha i can wait

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2010, 15:10:42 »
sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha i can wait
well iam afraid you will have  to .lol . so much to do so little time to do it  i also think that hobby shop would not upgrade your car for you these are very much a D.I.Y  affair  hobby shops only upgrade hobby class r/c that is hobby grade .  :-X

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2010, 15:20:01 »
how lame of them, i'll give them buisness they shouldn't turn me down.

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2010, 15:44:26 »
how lame of them, i'll give them buisness they shouldn't turn me down.
   well to be honest i agree but the reason they dont work on toy cars is because there is no parts support , like i said these cars are very much a D.I.Y  affair . if anything breaks you either have to find another donor or fabricate the parts yourself something i have done for years .lol..  ;)

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2010, 20:25:17 »
haha i need a teacher.

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2010, 08:17:14 »
me to lol.. good news my losi 280 motor just arrived from wheelspin models  ;D.. now i can get down to business update with pics very soon thanks  ;D

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2010, 08:53:16 »
Haha and a video!

If you need a swim teacher I'm qualified to do that haha! ;D

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2010, 14:09:27 »
OK guys here is the motor just arrived to day           mmmmm yummie lol   :D :D :D ;D

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2010, 14:13:56 »
you can see that these motors have replaceble brushes unlike the closed end bell type i did try this motor before fitting on a 7.2 volt batt and it has a kick like a mule almost jumped out my hand  .. and in these pics you can see the motor fitted to the turbo fox i have left the end fixing cap of so you can see the motor properly it needs soldering up to the esc .that i shall do tonight  ;D