Author Topic: Holy SPAM sandwich Batman!  (Read 4568 times)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Holy SPAM sandwich Batman!
« on: August 16, 2009, 16:54:29 »
I've been doing my best to remove the spam from the welcome board...but WOW...it is coming in droves!!  ??? 

ISN'T THERE A BETTER WAY TO SELL ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION PRODUCTS??

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Holy SPAM sandwich Batman!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 10:59:38 »
Thanks so much for your help Wyldwing!

I'm not sure if there's a better way to sell their products, but we do have a better way to remove them. Don't bother with deleting anything individually from the Welcome board unless it is sexually explicit. There is a function in the Administration panel that can be used to remove stuff from a specific board after a certain age, such as 14 days. My advise for you would be to collapse the Welcome board so that you don't have to bother with it. If you do leave it open, just focus on removing the worst stuff rather than everything. Anyone that is a visitor or a member with more than 5 posts won't see that area anyway.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 12:29:34 »
It's not just the Welcome board.  I deleted over 30 posts this morning from a guy who had posted the 3 in the welcome area, then went after the Tyco RC board.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 12:37:01 »
Yeah, those do get through sometimes.  >:(  Thanks for your help Chris!
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)