Author Topic: Stop Podcasting Yourself  (Read 4116 times)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Stop Podcasting Yourself
« on: March 30, 2011, 06:56:16 »
I listen to a lot of podcasts.  I started back when I was working at the sheet metal place.  Having sound cancelling earbuds in my ears was better than slowly going deaf from the pounding of heavy machinery.  So I listened to music, audiobooks, and especially podcasts.  Most of the latter were ones hosted by Los Angeles based comedians.

Starting with "Never Not Funny" (Jimmy Pardo), "Jordan, Jesse GO!" (Jordan Morris & Jesse Thorn) and progressing to "Comedy and Everything Else" (Jimmy Dore), "WTF" (Marc Maron) and "The Pod F. Thompkast" (Paul F. Thompkins) just to name a few.  I also listen to Kevin Smith's "SModcast" and a few of his offshoot ventures featuring other members of the View Askewniverse.  

But the one I'm writing this post for is the one it's named after, "Stop Podcasting Yourself."  It's hosted  by two Canadian comedians, Graham Clark and Dave Shumka.  These guys are very funny and quick witted, and they often have other equally funny comedians as guests.   The show is divided into segments including "Get to Know Us" where they recap their week, and find out about the guest; "Celebrity Stuntcasting" where they take an older movie or television show, like Gilligan's Island or Golden Girls and cast it from today's pool of actors.  

Their most popular segment, however, is called "Overheard" where they and the guest relate funny snippets from conversations they've overheard in their daily lives.  They also invite listeners to call in with their own "overheard".  I myself actually just got one of mine played on the podcast which, I admit" is the reason for the timing of this post. ;D

Anyway, if you find yourself in a situation where you're sitting in front of your computer for an hour or two working on an email or maybe a bit of programming, or even a video game where the music is getting a bit repetitive, then I highly recommend checking out any of these fine podcasts.  You can find them all on iTunes, or simply google the titles and listen to them directly from their respective websites.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 16:05:23 by TylerChuit »
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Stop Podcasting Yourself
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 23:10:24 »
OK. Thanks for the recommendation. By the way, which episode were you included in?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Re: Stop Podcasting Yourself
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 16:04:27 »
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"